Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0 : Fifth Level : 2 East
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
robian
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 11
IP: Logged
icon King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0 : Fifth Level : 2 East (0)  
Hi...

It's my first post on this forum. I'm a DROD player from way back in the Webfoot days. My son and I played it in 1998 or so... I recently rediscovered it, and bought KDD 2.0 for the Mac. Unfortunately room demos for earlier versions of KDD don't seem to work on 2.0 and although a demo for this room has been uploaded, I can't view it.

If there's no way to get that older demo to work with 2.0 does anyone have a KDD 2.0 demo of Fifth Level: Twice East they'd be willing to upload...?

TIA,

Robert

[Last edited by robian at 11-03-2007 10:10 PM]
11-03-2007 at 10:09 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
calamarain
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 933
icon Re: King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0 : Fifth Level : 2 East (+1)  
Hiya,

There might not be demos, but there's a large amount of hints available for that room. If you click on the Get Help for A Room button, and select King Dugan's dungeon, you can select that level, that room and find out all the hints that were posted. Often the threads tend to be filed under KDD rather than KDD 2.0 because the puzzles are pretty much the same.

11-03-2007 at 10:15 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
icon Re: King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0 : Fifth Level : 2 East (0)  
It seems like robian has checked the other threads, as they noted the lack of a 2.0-friendly demo.

I'd be happy to post a demo, but apparently I played through KDD2.0 on a different computer and I don't have the demo available. Hopefully someone else will.

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
11-03-2007 at 10:23 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
robian
Hi...

Thanks for the quick response. Almost all of the hints are for a part of the room I've already conquered. :~( This apparently means that I'm fairly sharp about the tricky stuff, but dumb as a stump about the really simple stuff.

I can get through the "arrow box" on the right side of the screen with no problem, and eliminate a bunch of eyes while standing on the force arrows below the box all right, but the sequence of moves beyond that escapes me. Duh...

So... I 'd still sure like to see that demo. ;)

R.
11-03-2007 at 10:27 PM
CuriousShyRabbit
Rank Points: 3170
icon Re: King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0 : Fifth Level : 2 East (+3)  
While you're waiting for the demo, maybe this will help.

You've said you can get through the "arrow box".
Click here to view the secret text

And when standing on the force arrows at the bottom of the "arrow box,"

If so, then all you need to do is:

11-03-2007 at 10:42 PM
robian
CSRabbit rocks... :) That did it. Thanks so much.

Robert
11-03-2007 at 10:55 PM
deftriver
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 75
Okay, I'm working on the challenges in this hold, and this is the first (I think) room that has me stumped. I can do everything except that first chamber. No matter what I wake up a line of three and they're on top of me before I can do anything. Any help?
11-16-2014 at 05:17 PM
Nuntar
Rank Points: 4576
They can't get you while you're on the force arrows ;)

11-16-2014 at 07:03 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
deftriver
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 75
Nuntar wrote:
They can't get you while you're on the force arrows ;)

They can when I'm going down...and I have to move orthogonally in order to get them off my tail so that I can get to a point to kill.

Let me just be clear, I'm talking about the challenge, don't move orthogonally, not just clearing the room, that is so easy.
11-17-2014 at 01:25 PM
Nuntar
Down? Ah... you said the first chamber so I thought you meant the diagonal lines of three on the west of the room.

This challenge is possible either moving on the light or the dark squares. Either way, step on every square above the arrows to wake as many eyes as possible, then step onto the arrows at one end, kill all eyes woken so far, and duck round the wall to reduce the number of eyes coming at you.

11-17-2014 at 02:22 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Camwoodstock
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 112
I'm having trouble with the challenge and that bottom right room. Specifically, the first half of it. Even more specifically...

Her/him | & | Steam | Backloggery
10-30-2016 at 09:29 PM
Nuntar
That bit's rough because you have eyes coming from both sides -- but there's one spot where you can be safe from the eyes from one side, so you can deal with the groups one at a time.

10-30-2016 at 10:00 PM
Camwoodstock
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 112
Nuntar wrote:
That bit's rough because you have eyes coming from both sides -- but there's one spot where you can be safe from the eyes from one side, so you can deal with the groups one at a time.

Thanks! I was able to clear the room + do the challenge.

Her/him | & | Steam | Backloggery
10-31-2016 at 12:20 AM
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0 : Fifth Level : 2 East
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com