Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Help getting back into it (New computer, new installs)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Syro
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 15
IP: Logged
icon Help getting back into it (0)  
Hi,

I used to play DROD pretty actively, and I have a current caravelnet membership, but I have completely changed computers at least once since I last played. I want to start up again, but I can't even find my original installation files. I've looked around on this website but it's not entirely clear to me ....

How can I install and get going again, or do I need to find my old files? Also, I had played KDD2.0 and JtRH before, but I assume I'll need to purchase the City Beneath if I want to play that now?

Thanks for any help you can give

-Syro
10-24-2007 at 10:16 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Dex Stewart
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 355
icon Re: Help getting back into it (+1)  
Well, you needn't buy The City Beneath. You can still use the JtRH engine and the TCB demo is also fully functional.

You also don't need your old files, although it would be good to find them. Otherwise you'll have to complete all the holds again.
10-24-2007 at 10:37 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Syro
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 15
icon Re: Help getting back into it (0)  
Oohh I see. I hadn't signed in to my caravelnet account when I looked at the download page. Now I see the links to the binary install. Great!

So I should boot my old computer, run the game and export my .player file to keep my hold history and demos, is that right? Or I suppose I could just play them all through again

-Syro
10-24-2007 at 11:37 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Briareos
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3516
icon Re: Help getting back into it (+1)  
Syro wrote:
So I should boot my old computer, run the game and export my .player file to keep my hold history and demos, is that right?
Yep.
Or I suppose I could just play them all through again
Well, it's up to you... :)

If you had CaravelNet when you first played DROD you can download demos for rooms you've already solved in case you get stuck if you choose to play them again, even if you haven't beaten the room after reinstalling.

np: Future Sound Of London - Pale Moon (From The Archives Vol. 1)

10-25-2007 at 12:47 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Help getting back into it (New computer, new installs)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com