Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Level 14 1E beware?!
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
Oneway
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
IP: Logged
icon Level 14 1E beware?! (0)  
Is this true:
If you exit room 1E through the south passage without clearing the room and enter again you will not be able to exit the room through the west passage?

Or did i play the level from scratch for nothing? :-O

If it's true, why is this?

Thanks!
12-08-2003 at 04:46 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
zex20913
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1723
icon Re: Level 14 1E beware?! (0)  
That does appear to be the case. Funny how nobody has noticed this before...

You can restore to the beginning of that room, or possibly the entrance if need be. In fact, I think you'd have to.

12-08-2003 at 06:21 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
Oneway wrote:
Or did i play the level from scratch for nothing? :-O

If it's true, why is this?

It's a bug, Oneway...and as zex pointed out, one that went unnoticed until now. Just in case the programmers don't see this post, you might want to e-mail it to bugs@drod.net . I am sure they will want to get it fixed so that no one else has to restore the same as you. In previous versions of DROD there were more places where this could happen; for example, on level 8 you might have to restore because you can't get back in two rooms...one of them was fixed, the other has a warning scroll now. In this room probably the easiest solution would be to have a green door along the bottom exit.

Don't feel too bad--level 14 is one of the quickest ones to replay once you've figured out how goblins move. :) If you really don't want to replay it, use the second warp room to skip to level 15. If you don't know where that is, well, we won't spoil it for you unless you ask.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
12-08-2003 at 07:07 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
DiMono
Rank Points: 1181
Oneiromancer wrote:
If you really don't want to replay it, use the second warp room to skip to level 15.
I thought that room didn't skip that far?

12-09-2003 at 03:43 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Scott
Rank Points: 578
Theres a skip as far as level 16.
12-09-2003 at 03:46 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
This points out a reason why it would be nice to be able to restore from different entrances to a room...or at least to the first time you entered a room, because otherwise it could be too many things to save. But it would help for things like this in user made holds.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
12-09-2003 at 09:07 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Level 14 1E beware?!
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com