Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Contests : Unslayable slayers (Can you make one?)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Someone Else
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1299
IP: Logged

File: Unslayable Slayer.hold (1.1 KB)
Downloaded 41 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Unslayable slayers (+3)  
Everyone knows that slayers can be defeated in a multitude of ways. But can there be an unbeatable slayer?

Rules:
1) Each participant must script a character that has a sword, hook or a custom graphic that attempts to kill Beethro.
2) The commands 'Cut scene', 'Imperative Invulnerable', 'Imperative Critical hero', 'Disappear', 'Go to level entrance', 'Turn into Monster' and 'Activate item' may not be used.
3) It must be visible.
4) There may be infinite support characters, but all must follow the following restrictions:
4.1) They may not use the commands 'Cut scene', 'Activate item', 'Appear', 'Appear at', or 'Go to level entrance'
4.2) They may not be visible.
5) The hold must be anyone edit.
6) You may not remove any functional items, nor add any functional items to the room that is attached to the post, which is the same as your room. Doors which are always dropped, lighting, etc. may be added / removed.
7) The entrance may be moved, but the character has to enter directly opposite Beethro, and facing the opposite direction that Beethro is facing.
8) The character may not rotate more than 45 degrees per turn.

Scoring:
People will rate the slayers based on how hard they were to defeat. Slayers that have a defensive style of fighting (rarely attacking) will be marked down.

The winner will receive 10 rank points, showered on the winners old posts to avoid me having to use up all of my mod points.

Entries are due 1 week after the time that there are 3 slayers, (excluding mine), or when all participants agree that the contest is taking too long and we should just get it over with.

[Last edited by Someone Else at 10-22-2007 06:44 AM]
10-19-2007 at 06:25 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302
icon Re: Unslayable slayers (0)  
A scripting contest.

I like it :D
10-19-2007 at 06:36 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jatopian
Rank Points: 1842
I was going to do something like this contest once we got a few more key commands in the engine, like get coordinates. I wonder if it's possible currently.

10-19-2007 at 01:55 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
The spitemaster
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 354
If you recall, there is find coordinates scripting that Someone Else made. HEREHERE

I wish that man would stay away

[Last edited by The spitemaster at 10-19-2007 03:05 PM]
10-19-2007 at 03:01 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
schep
Rank Points: 864
Hmm. Perhaps you should specify that the character must not rotate more than 45 degrees in a single turn. That's possible with the Face Direction command, but definitely seems like cheating here.
10-21-2007 at 07:34 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dex Stewart
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 355
And must also not move and rotate in a single turn (if it's possible).
10-21-2007 at 11:25 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Someone Else
Rank Points: 1299
Schep, good advice. I've changed that.

And Dex, it is not possible to turn and move in the same turn. You can make a pretty good impression of it by using multiple characters, but that takes way too much time to script, has no animation of movement, and is already not allowed (no appear at). But thanks for the advice anyways.
10-22-2007 at 06:43 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Contests : Unslayable slayers (Can you make one?)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com