Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Wonderquest : wonderquest danger? (McAfee Site Advisor warns "wonderquest.co.nr/ may try to steal your information.")
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
phoenix-girl
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 27
IP: Logged
icon wonderquest danger? (0)  
When I try to obtain the game Wonderquest from googa's download link http://wonderquest.co.nr/) my McAfee SiteAdvisor redirects me away with a warning that the site may try to steal my information. They say, "When we visited this site, we found it may be designed to trick you into submitting your financial or personal information to online scammers. Is this true? And if it is, why would CaravelNet host it? -_- :no

10-01-2007 at 03:22 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
CuriousShyRabbit
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3170
icon Re: wonderquest danger? (0)  
Don't worry. I downloaded Wonderquest from that link and was not asked for any financial or personal information.

EDIT: Just looked again. The site does have a bad cookie on it, that my Internet Explorer is blocking. Maybe that is what your Site Advisor is complaining about. As I said above, I was able to download Wonderquest without problems, with the cookie blocked.

[Last edited by CuriousShyRabbit at 10-01-2007 03:35 AM]
10-01-2007 at 03:27 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Sillyman
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 339
Hmm... They might have said that because of the link pointing to an IP adress instead of a domain name. But don't worry, they can't do anything unless you let them, so even if the site was bad, all you would have to do is not give away information. ;)
And the bot could be faulty, most likely is.

[Last edited by Sillyman at 10-01-2007 03:37 AM]
10-01-2007 at 03:36 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
googa
Level: Moderator
Rank Points: 282
I'm sorry phoenix_girl, I'm not good when it comes to web site building. I just created the page and uploaded. There's a lot of guys here who can explain this situation better than me.

PS: Try AVG. It's free, and works nice. ;)
10-02-2007 at 02:33 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
phoenix-girl
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 27
icon Re: wonderquest danger? (+1)  
Thank you for answering my question. I am going to bypass McAfee and download the game. :) But I really think you (googa?) should contact McAfee and ask them what's up.

10-03-2007 at 10:02 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
googa
Level: Moderator
Rank Points: 282
But I really think you (googa?) should contact McAfee and ask them what's up.

Yes, I've taken that into consideration.
Have fun! :)
10-03-2007 at 10:25 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Wonderquest : wonderquest danger? (McAfee Site Advisor warns "wonderquest.co.nr/ may try to steal your information.")
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com