Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Briar Clearer (Well, we have everything else, right?)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
NiroZ
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1302
IP: Logged
icon Briar Clearer (0)  
Essentially a 3x3 square that can crush anything in its path, with the exception of the obvious (walls, pits, other Clearer's, Rock Giants, Bombs(which would destroy Clearer and anyone on it) and force squares pointing the wrong way) and secret walls. It moves like a platform.

It works by having Beethro stepping on one of the squares directly horizontal or vertical to the centre of this contraption. He will then appear in the middle and control the device like a platform. To exit, use the ‘normal’ arrow keys.

If a bomb explodes near to a Clearer, it every square of ‘explosion’ that overlapped the machine would destroy it. This would mean that Beethro (or whatever NPC was controlling this device) would be venerable from that direction. Ideally, in the editor it should be possible to delete individual squares in the editor, so that you could, say, have a Beethro that had only the middle square of the clearer, thus give him slayer-like properties (stomp on enemies). If the central square of the Clearer was destroyed, it the remaining blocks would behave like Rock Golem corpses.

The puzzle potential of this would be: Having a means to wade through Briar, and the thrill of wading through a very complex and difficult room, grab a Clearer at the end and wreak havoc!
It would also have some interesting puzzles playing on its interaction with Rock Golems and Rock Giants, as well as bombs.

Advantages:
Adds a whole range of possibilities to existing elements

Disadvantages:
Feature Bloat?

09-28-2007 at 02:24 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jatopian
Rank Points: 1842
icon Re: Briar Clearer (0)  
:lol I'm going to assume this is a joke, because it made me laugh so hard.

09-28-2007 at 02:30 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Someone Else
Rank Points: 1300
It is funny, but I think it has potential. I would support it.
09-28-2007 at 02:48 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302
I wanted to attach railguns to the side, but I couldn't figure out a decent aiming system ;)
09-28-2007 at 05:36 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Briar Clearer (Well, we have everything else, right?)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com