Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Question For 1.7
Page 1 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Stuwy
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 212
IP: Logged
icon Question For 1.7 (0)  
for Drod 1.7 will there still be the level editor? And could you use the new monsters in it? or will you have to pay to use the monsters?
11-28-2003 at 10:15 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
The_Red_Hawk
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 783
icon Re: Question For 1.7 (0)  
As far as I know, it will have the editor, all the old monsters, and all the new monsters.

The red hawk's dance of death.

.....the king of the skies.....
11-28-2003 at 10:51 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
1.7 will include all the 1.6 functionality, and you will be able to use all the new monsters in the editor. What you will have to pay to use is the new official hold, which continues the official story.

11-28-2003 at 10:56 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Stuwy
really? how much is it?
12-01-2003 at 12:35 AM
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
I don't think it's been decided yet - it's not going to be out for a while.

12-01-2003 at 12:41 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Stuwy
alrighty then. Heres another question, is it just new monsters or is it new theme styles/objects/action objects?
12-01-2003 at 04:44 AM
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
There will be several new objects in all three "tabs" in the editor, as well as improved functionality in other areas, such as being able to have a stairway return you to a previous level and have that level's rooms be in the state you left them.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
12-01-2003 at 05:44 AM
The_Red_Hawk
Apparently most of the new things will be monsters.

12-01-2003 at 05:27 PM
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
I wouldn't count on it.

There'll be enough new monsters, true, but expect pretty much all new graphics (Erik has said he'd like to change the UI, and I understand new themes are coming as) and sound (because Emmett has to do something) as well as the new hold.

Matt

12-01-2003 at 10:30 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Stuwy
Wow, thats alot of new stuff...

lastly one more question:
When is the estimated date it should be released? sorry but I don't know when drod ae came out and i'm always hearing stuff about 1.7
12-02-2003 at 12:26 AM
Oneiromancer
Rank Points: 2936
AE came out around the beginning of October...I think you can find the post in the News forum announcing that...in fact, it's right here. It was actually released prior to that post, but the DROD.net website moved so it wasn't made public until that was taken care of.

Of course we are all hoping that 1.7 comes out early next year, but with all the new stuff there will probably be a pretty heavy testing cycle once they finish putting all the new features in. And of course the official new hold has to be created. Stay optimistic, but realistically expect next summer at the earliest, in my opinion.

I don't know if they will be updating the Sourceforge page regularly, that would be a good place to see progress perhaps.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
12-02-2003 at 12:44 AM
Stuwy
I see, well I bet it will be worth the wait.. thank you all
12-02-2003 at 08:58 PM
Stuwy
Found another question!!!

Would you be able to import 1.6 holds into 1.7??
12-20-2003 at 12:03 AM
The_Red_Hawk
Probably.

12-20-2003 at 12:40 AM
ErikH2000
Rank Points: 2794
Stuwy wrote:
Would you be able to import 1.6 holds into 1.7??
Absolutely.

-Erik

12-20-2003 at 01:01 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Stuwy
wow, neat... but I've heard theres going to be new graphics for it. Does that mean the hold you imported that was made in 1.6 will convert onto 1.7's graphics?
12-20-2003 at 03:42 AM
Schik
Rank Points: 5381
Sure - currently, there are no graphics stored in the .hold file anyways, so 1.7 will just draw with its own set of graphics. All 1.6 tiles will be in 1.7, so there shouldn't be any problems. Things may look different, but they should still look good. In fact, they should look much better.

12-20-2003 at 03:51 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
StuartK
Rank Points: 564
Would there be support for higher fullscreen resolutions, with more detailed tiles?

How about animations? Either movement (e.g. perhaps when tar grows, accompanied by a 'gloop' sound effect) or while waiting (e.g. distracting goblin antics)?

I think these may be feature requests though :)
12-20-2003 at 04:04 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
DiMono
Rank Points: 1181
I seem to remember a similar topic in the Feature Requests forum. Detailed tiles would be cool, especially if there were several different images for each colour tile with different flaws, like cracks and miscolourations and the like.

12-20-2003 at 04:32 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
ErikH2000
StuartK wrote:
Would there be support for higher fullscreen resolutions, with more detailed tiles?
Yeah, that's done.
How about animations? Either movement (e.g. perhaps when tar grows, accompanied by a 'gloop' sound effect) or while waiting (e.g. distracting goblin antics)?
There will be smooth movement between squares at least. After that, I'm not sure what we'll have time for.

-Erik

12-20-2003 at 05:03 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
ErikH2000
DiMono wrote:
I seem to remember a similar topic in the Feature Requests forum. Detailed tiles would be cool, especially if there were several different images for each colour tile with different flaws, like cracks and miscolourations and the like.
We've got some stuff like that. I don't want to go into details--a lot of it is still changing. Mike has been experimenting on the graphics with great success.

-Erik

12-20-2003 at 05:09 AM
DiMono
Cool, I definitely look forward to 1.7

I was going to say something else, but it's better suited for the Feature Requests forum... [/shameless plug]

12-20-2003 at 05:11 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
On the other hand, I have heard that the 1.6 graphics aren't coming along, so your 1.6 holds will look much prettier.

Matt

12-20-2003 at 07:10 AM
Stuwy
cool, that looks pretty neat. I wonder what a more prettier drod would look like :P
12-20-2003 at 04:19 PM
The_Red_Hawk
I really prefer DROD just as it is.....but then I haven't seen the new graphics, so I can't really say anything about it.

12-20-2003 at 04:28 PM
Stuwy
for the 15th time (and counting)...... hint hint Hopefully they will put the roads back in level 24 like webfoot had it!! and in the editor..

[Edited by Stuwy on 12-20-2003 at 10:32 PM GMT]
12-20-2003 at 10:31 PM
Schik
Rank Points: 5381
Stuwy wrote:
for the 15th time (and counting)...... hint hint Hopefully they will put the roads back in level 24 like webfoot had it!! and in the editor..
I think I can say with some confidence that Dugan's Dungeon won't be changing at all - of course, there shouldn't be anything stopping someone else from putting fun new graphics in Dugan's...

12-21-2003 at 02:19 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
DiMono
I think we all know the real question here, though:

Will we be able to have animated pillars of fire?

12-21-2003 at 02:25 AM
Mattcrampy
Aah, animation... I'll pester whoever. Or we can just steal the graphics from the exploding smilie.

As for the roads on Level 24, who knows, we may be able to organise that. Then again, you've lived so long without roads, could you handle it if they were put back in?

:P

Matt

12-21-2003 at 03:00 AM
DiMono
Actually I'd love to have them available in the editor, as I think they'd enhance some levels people have made

12-21-2003 at 08:04 AM
Page 1 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Question For 1.7
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com