Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Demo rooms in H&S
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Someone Else
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1304
IP: Logged
icon Demo rooms in H&S (+1)  
Shouldn't the rooms in the TCB demo be able to be viewed by anyone, since they're free, and therefore anyone can get to them? It is like that for the JTRH demo.
09-20-2007 at 07:22 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
icon Re: Demo rooms in H&S (0)  
Er...I thought we did fix it so people could see this. At least, they should be able to see it when selecting rooms from the "Get Help For a Room" dialog, not necessarily from the inserted room images or the links at the top of the post. Where is it that you (or others) can't see the TCB images?

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams

[Last edited by Oneiromancer at 09-20-2007 11:56 PM]
09-20-2007 at 11:55 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Someone Else
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1304
The "Get Help For A Room" part of things.
09-21-2007 at 06:47 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
Well, here's the thing. JtRH and TCB have exactly the same settings on the forum, as far as I can tell. So I believe that the only reason that rooms for the first 3 levels of JtRH show up in the H&S dialog is that they were manually added. If this is to be done for TCB, I can't do it, and I don't know if those that can think it is worth doing (but they can decide when they see this post).

What I had done previously was make it so that any person, regardless of whether or not they have CaravelNet, can see the minimap that lets you choose a room. Unfortunately, the big "YOU CAN'T SEE THIS ROOM" image shows up between the minimap and the SUBMIT button, so some non-CaravelNet users might be too intimidated to follow through with the process. I've made suggestions to change this privately, but it's not high on the priority list.

The long shot is that everyone can see the minimap for JtRH and TCB, which is all you really need to do to submit a room for help--the room image is a bonus, and not necessary.

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
09-21-2007 at 09:50 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Demo rooms in H&S
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com