Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Downloading holds -- Mozilla vs. The World
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
trick
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2580
IP: Logged
icon Downloading holds -- Mozilla vs. The World (0)  
The latest Mozilla and Mozilla Firebird cut filenames at the first space when files are downloaded via scripts. Apparently this is "proper behaviour" according to RFC, and the fact that it breaks most download scripts on the net doesn't seem to bother them much. It's been reported as a bug by several people (see this), and they resolved it with a WONTFIX.

Anyway, this affects the hold download script here at the forum. To fix it, you have to quote the filename and use RFC 2231 encoding (space = %20). (I think you can get away with just quoting it, tho.)
11-28-2003 at 07:22 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Schik
Rank Points: 5381
icon Re: Downloading holds -- Mozilla vs. The World (0)  
Just copy the URL and use wget. :P

Okay, okay... I'll put it on my list.

11-28-2003 at 07:24 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
trick
Thankee!

:bounce
11-28-2003 at 07:32 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Schik
Rank Points: 5381
Try it now, and let me know if it's better.

11-28-2003 at 07:49 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
trick
Hm. It doesn't break at space now, but I think that's because there are no spaces. All spaces come out as actual %20's in the filename. Seems weird the Mozilla guys would tell people to do something that doesn't work.

You could try removing either the encoding or the quoting, if you used both.
11-28-2003 at 10:06 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Downloading holds -- Mozilla vs. The World
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com