Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : hold public beta v. architectural questions...
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
silver
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 915
IP: Logged
icon hold public beta v. architectural questions... (+2)  
I've taken to using the "mark all as read" option in Architecture a lot because I never really have time to beta test holds -- but I feel I could still be useful in answering Architectural questions. I'm wondering if we couldn't perhaps split the board. or else make a little icon for public-beta holds or something?

09-14-2007 at 05:05 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
calamarain
Rank Points: 933
icon Re: hold public beta v. architectural questions... (0)  
silver wrote:
I've taken to using the "mark all as read" option in Architecture a lot because I never really have time to beta test holds -- but I feel I could still be useful in answering Architectural questions. I'm wondering if we couldn't perhaps split the board. or else make a little icon for public-beta holds or something?
An icon would be a rather good idea, it works well. Personally, I don't beta test on the Architecture boards (prefer private beta), but some of the work on there is very promising.

It's just a shame so much of it goes unfinished :(

09-14-2007 at 05:44 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
jbluestein
Rank Points: 1670
calamarain wrote:
silver wrote:
An icon would be a rather good idea, it works well. Personally, I don't beta test on the Architecture boards (prefer private beta), but some of the work on there is very promising.

I'm not sure that going unfinished is a trait that's strictly confined to holds on the Architecture board. Although it's probably more prevalent there, to be sure.

I think an icon of some sort would be a very good idea. I always used to avoid the Architecture board, but lately I've really been enjoying seeing what people do with it.

Then you just need to get people to use it!

Josh

09-14-2007 at 05:51 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
silver
Rank Points: 915
jbluestein wrote:
calamarain wrote:

I'm not sure that going unfinished is a trait that's strictly confined to holds on the Architecture board. Although it's probably more prevalent there, to be sure.

more to the point: it's more visible there.

09-14-2007 at 07:58 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : hold public beta v. architectural questions...
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com