Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : replaying
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
squeekie
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 140
IP: Logged
icon replaying (0)  
While playing DROD 1.5 on level 4 I was able ( not planned ) to skip level 5 because of a secret passage. I upgraded to 1.6 at level 22 and completed the game. I have been playing members hold for awile. But, while viewing the movie at the end of level 25 it said I would like to show you something but some parts seem to be missing. So, I went back and I replayed level 4 and went out the correct way and am now half way through level 5. I just wanted to say that it is a joy to play a new level even though after the tougher levels towards the end this level 5 is very easy. I love DROD.

11-26-2003 at 01:34 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Zmann
Rank Points: 241
icon Re: replaying (0)  
Yeah, that's the great thing about DROD, it has incredible replay value. I sometimes find myself just looking at the rooms people post in "Hints and Solutions" and replaying them. Its great fun.

Long Live DROD!

-Zmann
11-26-2003 at 01:48 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
squeekie
Rank Points: 140
I just finished level 5. I'm glad that I did, because I restored level 25 and saw the complete ending. Also, level 5 was huge. Very good.

11-29-2003 at 12:02 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
The_Red_Hawk
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 783
I'm just starting to replay the original hold, because it's on my other computer and I can't seem to get it transferred. The rooms feel as if I've never seen them before.

The red hawk's dance of death.

.....the king of the skies.....
11-29-2003 at 12:07 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
DiMono
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1181
I don't know if I'd have the patience to replay Webfoot again, just because of the long tar rooms on, say, level 8 and such. Savepoints are things I like.

11-30-2003 at 09:35 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : replaying
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com