Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Doctor E. Will's Mega Complex : Three Times as Fun : 4 South, 1 East
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
Welshman
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 11
IP: Logged
icon Doctor E. Will's Mega Complex : Three Times as Fun : 4 South, 1 East (0)  
I could do with a little bit of help here, because I seem to be missing the obvious. I can get rid of everything no problem, but I can't find a way of exiting the room !! The exit gate left middle gets closed by the exploding bombs and I can't find a way to open it again.
09-09-2007 at 08:56 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
jbluestein
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1670
icon Re: Doctor E. Will's Mega Complex : Three Times as Fun : 4 South, 1 East (0)  
I'm not in a position to check this one right now, but I'm pretty sure that the middle entrance is a race -- you have to get there before the bombs close the door.

I should be able to verify tomorrow or the next day, if someone doesn't beat me to it.

Josh

09-09-2007 at 09:21 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
zaubberer
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 251
icon Re: Doctor E. Will's Mega Complex : Three Times as Fun : 4 South, 1 East (0)  
in this room i came from the upper right entrance and used the lowest western exit. to do so i had to figure out
Click here to view the secret text

zaubberer
:wizard
09-10-2007 at 07:33 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Welshman
Thankx for your replies so far, but this hasn't helped me yet so here is some more info. The only way I have found to enter this room is via bottom right and not top right (I entered 4S 3E via middle right, 4S 2E via top right and had no problems). As well as this, the jump passage through to the middle left exit is blocked by a bomb in the bottom right part of the screen, so this needs to be removed before I can proceed. I have tried different timings for the lighting of the two fuses in the bottom right part of the screen, but this doesn't seem to help either as all the bombs explode together.

Gareth
09-10-2007 at 10:37 AM
CuriousShyRabbit
Rank Points: 3170
It sounds like you might be making this room harder than it really is. Jbluestein's advice is correct. The bombs should not all go off at once.

To avoid this,

When the bombs in the lower part of the chamber go off,

[Last edited by CuriousShyRabbit at 09-10-2007 10:56 AM]
09-10-2007 at 10:50 AM
Welshman
I think I am going to need a demo. No matter what I do I cannot stop all the bombs going off at once, so I am stuck at this point.

Gareth
09-11-2007 at 08:56 AM
CuriousShyRabbit
Rank Points: 3170
icon Re: Doctor E. Will's Mega Complex : Three Times as Fun : 4 South, 1 East (+1)  
Welshman wrote:
No matter what I do I cannot stop all the bombs going off at once
Sounds like there is something wrong here. :(
You don't need to do anything special to stop all the bombs from going off at once. If you step on the one fuse in the entrance, six separate explosions will occur. That is what the architect designed; it not a result of anything you do.

When I step on the fuse on turn 6, explosions occur on the following turns:
Turn 43 - the diagonal group of bombs explodes
Turn 49 - the bombs in the southern part of the room explode
Turn 55 - the bombs in the middle eastern part of the room explode
Turn 78 - the bombs in the middle western part of the room explode (they activate the orb that closes the door, so you have to be out by then)
Turns 79 and 84 - the bombs in the northern part of the room explode

If this is not what's happening when you play, check that you are playing the officially published version of this hold. That is, did you get it from the top post here? If you can see the room image linked to this thread, check that it exactly matches the room in your game.

[Last edited by CuriousShyRabbit at 09-11-2007 11:05 AM]
09-11-2007 at 11:02 AM
Welshman
I downloaded this hold from the http://forum.caravelgames.com/holds.php page and assumed it would be OK. Seems I wil have to give up on this one. Thankx for all your help.

Gareth
09-11-2007 at 02:26 PM
Welshman
I have downloaded the latest patch for JTRH and the bombs no longer all explode together and work OK. Thankx for all your help.

Gareth
09-11-2007 at 03:38 PM
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Doctor E. Will's Mega Complex : Three Times as Fun : 4 South, 1 East
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com