Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : Becoming Obsessed! Help!
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Ramar
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
IP: Logged
icon Becoming Obsessed! Help! (0)  
:? Well that is not quite right...I AM OBSESSED! :-O Over Sub Terra II...and having difficulty in solving Munckin Stock Exchange and "Assorted Chambers"..... :weep Is there a Solution Page here... :w00t see I just registered but have been playing Sub Terra I...where I lost my Mind.... :fun and now Sub Terra II for about 1 week and :w00t ...so please Help Me if you can...tell me where to go...what to do...or just PM me if you are feeling like helping out the Pre-Nut Individual.... :~( :~( :~(

Thank You Pieter for making such a wonderful game..have been playing it for over 2 years...now...I think.. -_-

09-06-2007 at 04:55 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
The Stew Boy
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 247
icon Re: Becoming Obsessed! Help! (0)  
What part of Assorted Chambers are you stuck on?
09-06-2007 at 11:02 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Kwakstur
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 385
Munchkin Stock Exchange?

That was one of the very first levels I did. It's easy. I've been playing a lot of DROD lately, and so I've been forgetting about SubTerra (the game that brought me to this website), but I'll try and give some tips from memory:

Get the prices of everything, and figure out what you need, what you can and can't have, and so on. Keep on getting gems, but be careful, since I'm pretty sure shops close once you collect the required amount.

09-07-2007 at 01:39 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
The Mystic
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 18
Kwakstur wrote:
I'm pretty sure shops close once you collect the required amount.
They do, unfortunately. Drove me nuts until I finally solved it. I've mainly been playing with ST1 though, and I think I forgot the solution.

Click here to view the secret text

09-07-2007 at 04:31 PM
Ramar
Thank you all for your response. :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup The Assorted Chambers: I am stuck on the part where the bombs are falling...I know what to do...to get to one of the teleporters that will explode and blowup the wall that is covering the next exit into another tunnel of some kind..and I think that I have figured it out meaning which teleporter...but I keep getting killed before I can get to them...there must be a pattern to it...but darn if I can figure it out.

Now the one that really stumps me is The Munckin Stock Exchange: If I take the one gem offered free, then I get the green key to go past the green gate up to the what you call it thingy that makes more gems....all fine and good, until the store closes before I can buy anything else...so here I am stuck with the green key...gems enough for the exit to open but upon doing so, the store collapsed. Okay...how to get to the darn exit? I have powder kegs but nothing will explode them...not falling gem stones...and the exit is surrounded by reinforced walls that takes two bomb blasts to go off...

Wow....I am impresed with you guys :blush .....if you have done all of the levels in Sub Terra I and II.....Gee :~(

09-07-2007 at 06:17 PM
Ramar
And I guess I should ask.....................is there any walk throughs for STI and STII? :-O

09-07-2007 at 08:30 PM
Radiant
Level: Moderator
Rank Points: 142
Hi there!

For Assorted Chambers, the trick is that if you stand directly underneath one of the top teleporters, no bombs will come out. Other than that it's a matter of timing, and note that you can wait in the center column.

The trick to the MSE is to take a handful of gems, buy something, get some more gems, buy something again, etc. If the store closes, you're doing it wrong. Note that the JINX allows you to set off explosives by touching them.

To my knowledge we don't have any walkthroughs (but feel free to write one!!) although the Crystal Cavern site used to host a lot of demos.

09-08-2007 at 09:14 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Ramar
Wow! :-O that seems so simple.... :-O I will do as you suggested Radiant.....and get back to you on the forum....Thank you so much for allowing me to remain :glasses while figuring out these Wonderful Puzzles... :thumbsup :fun

09-10-2007 at 03:31 PM
Ramar
:no :no :no :no :no :weep ...for the MSE.... :weep :weep :weep ............ :thumbsup :fun :thumbsup :D for Assorted Chambers...got it!!! :D

But that Munckin Stock Exchange....I mean how can I stop the blue gem from turning into the Ameythist.....?.... :~( where they count twice as much as the blue stone causing the shop to collapse...gee..someone tellme this AFore I goes :crazy

09-10-2007 at 04:45 PM
Ramar
RATS.... :-O Need solution to the MSE....Pl..Pl..Lease! and thank you! :thumbsup ..... O:- hope someone is listening! :unsure

09-11-2007 at 11:10 PM
The Stew Boy
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 247
Here's a step by step walkthrough for MSE:
Click here to view the secret text

09-12-2007 at 07:32 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Ramar
:w00t :w00t :w00t :w00t I did It!!! on the Hard mode :w00t BUT! :~( Could not have done it without your help Stew Boy! :thumbsup .....it seems so simple now..... :? but even with the given solution...it took :teamtwak of my Mind, Body and Soul......to get it! :tumbleweed: :cheers: :8bounce ...Thank you so Much! :D

09-12-2007 at 05:04 PM
Ramar
:-O ...okay moving on as they say. Now for the rest of the puzzles and levels that I have access to.....I can denote that it is a matter of speed and skill....not so in the Dang :? "fill-in"......The bottom of the puzzle..the very bottom where I have to dig through the dirt....I can see that it is the way to go over the other passages...BUT! I can not figure out how to get past those 4 or 5 rocks...even after I roll a couple of them away from me...

:look Well, I will wait until I hear back from the wonderful STII folks here who help...thank you in advance! :D

09-13-2007 at 03:27 PM
Radiant
Level: Moderator
Rank Points: 142
The bottom-most passage works right-to-left only.

09-13-2007 at 11:01 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Ramar
:D Muchas Gracias Senior....

:indian

09-14-2007 at 03:45 PM
Ramar
Radiant: Okay...I am stumped...Again. O:- -_- ....the furthest right screen....where I can get to through digging and retreiving gems....and have about 5 gem stones left to collect...after I save, and start to go down those jig jagged tunnels with a rock close behind...I continue to get killed when I land in the middle of the screen....

Gee I wish that the demos were still up at the Crystal Cavern...but I searched and could not find them.....Maybe a lot of folks have gone on to Drod or other Caravel games...and I have tried them...but This Crystal Shard...is gaming at its best I think....just pure puzzles to solve without a lot of fuss and muss....although I do like the other games with graphics...it is the Puzzles, Music, and Challenge that intrigues me...of course I am a little :crazy :w00t after working on STI and now STII for over a few years! :look

09-14-2007 at 08:50 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : Becoming Obsessed! Help!
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com