Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : A bit of advice for our new musician
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
NoahT
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1132
IP: Logged
icon A bit of advice for our new musician (0)  
Emmett wrote:
Emmett Plant, Composer
Funkbunny Studios & Caravel Software

Emmett, I have a suggestion. O:- Open the FAQ and click on the link "I want to always have stuff at the bottom of my posts! Tell me how or I'll kick you in the." After reading it, it should be much easier to state your message. Sorry if I'm stating the obvious to you, but I thought I'd point it out, just in case.

-Noah

[Edited by NoahT on 11-22-2003 at 05:58 AM GMT: Post Icon change]

My stuff:
Click here to view the secret text

11-22-2003 at 05:40 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Emmett
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 20
icon Re: A bit of advice for our new musician (0)  
Thanks, Noah! I'm still getting my head around the forum.

[Edited by Emmett on 11-22-2003 at 03:05 PM GMT]

11-22-2003 at 05:43 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
NoahT
You're welcome, Emmett.

By the way, I have a couple of things to say to you. First, my dad is a musician (not for computer games). When I told him the forum had a new musician, he was interested.

Also, I've been starting to make my own computer games using the program Game Maker. With your help, I could probably put great music in the games that I make. :thumbsup

Cheers. :D

-Noah

[Edited by NoahT on 11-22-2003 at 05:56 AM GMT: Unneeded capitalization]

My stuff:

11-22-2003 at 05:56 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Emmett
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 20
NoahT wrote:
By the way, I have a couple of things to say to you. First, my dad is a musician (not for computer games). When I told him the forum had a new musician, he was interested.
That's fantastic! I do perform outside of writing game music as well. I play guitar and sing in my band, called Ninja Bacon. I've also played the accordion for The Purple Generals and Six Pack Creek, both of which are bluegrass bands. The accordion is my live-show instrument of choice, but bluegrass isn't exactly my favorite cup of tea. Once in a blue moon I'll actually DJ something, but it's fairly rare.
Also, I've been starting to make my own computer games using the program Game Maker. With your help, I could probably put great music in the games that I make.
If I've got time, I'm happy to help.

11-22-2003 at 08:48 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
Although, Noah, you should do a little research and read this page first. Emmett can't make music for every single person that asks him...

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
11-22-2003 at 09:39 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
NoahT
Emmett wrote:
I've also played the accordion for The Purple Generals and Six Pack Creek, both of which are bluegrass bands. The accordion is my live-show instrument of choice, but bluegrass isn't exactly my favorite cup of tea. Once in a blue moon I'll actually DJ something, but it's fairly rare.

Well, my dad also plays bluegrass, but he really likes it. He also does songs of Bill Monroe. When my dad sings "Footprints in the Snow," I sing all the high notes, since he can't sing that high.

-Noah

My stuff:

11-24-2003 at 06:42 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : A bit of advice for our new musician
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com