Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Illumination : Changing Your Tune
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Mattcrampy
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2388
IP: Logged
icon Changing Your Tune (0)  
The theory of interconnectedness gets a big fillip after yesterday - a tiring day meant I crashed onto the bed without food or DROD and I finally check my e-mail to discover...

...our new music guy, Emmett Plant. Take a look:

As you'll recall, Webfoot's music was done by Lars Aasbren (who I kept calling Andersen for some reason) and Caravel's by Erik (who did a fairly good job). For DROD: Journey to Rooted Hold, Caravel decided to get in a professional, someone who knew what they were doing. After looking at the above picture, you may be wondering why Emmett was chosen.

Simply put, because I liked this picture more than the first one.

Emmett runs a studio named Funkbunny (which puts me in mind of a video clip I saw last year, although it was chimps being funky in that one, not bunnies) which does a fair amount of work for computer and video games - free for open source. He loves his open source, he's been editor-in-chief for linux.com, CEO (which raises eyebrows) of Xiph, probably best known for their open source Ogg Vorbis format (which I use and enjoy very much), as well as being around on Slashdot a fair bit, I hear.

He's already coded up some internal samples (which he's mentioned elsewhere on the forum, quick, find them!) for DROD, and they're really quite good.

He'd also like anyone willing to send him bank account numbers, but then that's a given.

Anyway, give a warm welcome to Emmett, because he kicks ass.

Matt

11-22-2003 at 04:35 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
NoahT
Rank Points: 1133
icon Re: Changing Your Tune (0)  
Welcome Emmett I shall indeed. :hi May the forces of music be with you, Emmett. :D

-Noah

My stuff:
Click here to view the secret text

11-22-2003 at 05:20 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
The_Red_Hawk
Rank Points: 783
:hi is all I can say. I hope he'll/you'll do well.....

[Edited by The_Red_Hawk on 11-23-2003 at 04:36 AM GMT]

The red hawk's dance of death.

.....the king of the skies.....
11-23-2003 at 04:35 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
DiMono
Rank Points: 1181
Oddly enough, Emmett looks like I'm gonna feel for the next 2 weeks. On the bright side, I'm down to 5 school assignments due over the next 8 days.

Anyway, :hi to Emmett. Remember that thing we talked about in messenger? Not that one, the other one... yeah, that was fun.

[Edited by DiMono on 11-27-2003 at 06:15 AM GMT]

11-27-2003 at 06:13 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
bradwall
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 423
Mattcrampy wrote:
He's already coded up some internal samples (which he's mentioned elsewhere on the forum, quick, find them!) for DROD, and they're really quite good.

Where on the form are these samples? I can't seem to find them.
12-02-2003 at 07:19 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
Emmett linked to them in the "New Legendary Architect" thread on the General board, right here. They are still works in progress so they aren't too well advertised yet.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
12-02-2003 at 07:23 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
bradwall
I came back to mention that I found it and you already replied... sorry for the trouble and thanks for the help.
12-02-2003 at 07:36 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
bradwall
Ok, the demo music is way awesome. I think that it matches the feel of DROD perfectly. I hope that this can be added into the game soon... way cool. Great job!
12-02-2003 at 08:26 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Illumination : Changing Your Tune
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com