Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : Obligatory Leaving Forever Thread
Page 3 of 3
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
NoahT
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1132
IP: Logged
icon Re: Obligatory Leaving Forever Thread (0)  
You know, the first time I saw a post of Dex Stewart's after he took on Banjooie's avatar, I myself actually thought for a few seconds that Banjooie had returned, before I read the username (no offense to Dex, though). Having said that, I would agree with Schik here.

-Noah

My stuff:
Click here to view the secret text

[Last edited by NoahT at 08-29-2007 04:58 AM]
08-28-2007 at 07:46 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
silver
Rank Points: 915
Since I didn't really notice Banjooie except when he was being a sarcastic bastage, could someone please indicate to me why he is missed so much more than, say, agaricus5, who really contributed to this community? (this isn't actually meant as a dis, I'm genuinely curious why there's a fan club for someone who was so deliberately anti-social)

[Last edited by silver at 08-28-2007 09:18 PM]
08-28-2007 at 08:48 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dex Stewart
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 355
silver wrote:
Since I didn't really notice Banjooie except when he was being a sarcastic bastage, could someone please indicate to me why he is missed so much more than, say, agaricus5, who really contributed to this community? (this isn't actually meant as a dis, I'm genuinely curious why there's a fan club for someone who was so deliberately anti-social)

Well, I probably don't miss agaricus5, since I wasn't around when he was. I know how intelligent, helpful, etc. he was, however he never did something which influenced me(at leasdt directly).

As for Banjooie... I liked him being a sarcastic bastard (: . And, as I see it, you say that Banjooie didn't contribute too much to the community. Even though it't in the making(and may remain there if Banjooie doesn't come back) his hold "Memories" is, in my opinion, the most awesome I've ever seen. And I'm not exagerating.
08-28-2007 at 09:27 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Kwakstur
Rank Points: 385
agaricus5 is gone? (which, come to think of it, is also a mushroom avatar)

Well, did he ever explicitly say that he's leaving? It's a topic like this one that attracts a lot of attention.

EDIT: Post collision. I'm responding to silver. But the post still makes sense regardless.

Oh, another reason. I think we pay more attention to Banjooie because some of us feel at fault for his leave (same with Maurog). As far as I know, agricarus5 left on good terms and silently; there was no problem between him and the community. Or was there...?

[Last edited by Kwakstur at 08-28-2007 09:34 PM]
08-28-2007 at 09:28 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
vittro
Rank Points: 479
icon Re: Obligatory Leaving Forever Thread (+1)  
I almost forgotten that agaricus5 was gone. He was my *idol* when I was a n00b and I had the account "SuperV". I was impressed by his topics and holds. I miss him...

Also, I made the gravestone also because I haven't anything else to do. I think I'm gonna make a gravestone for every persons that leaves.

Edit : I found his last post : http://forum.caravelgames.com/viewtopic.php?TopicID=12856&page=0#148358

[Last edited by vittro at 08-28-2007 10:23 PM]
08-28-2007 at 10:10 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Kwakstur
Rank Points: 385
vittro wrote:
Edit : I found his last post : http://forum.caravelgames.com/viewtopic.php?TopicID=12856&page=0#148358
Well, he sure didn't go down with a bang.

08-28-2007 at 11:00 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Tahnan
Rank Points: 2459
icon Re: Obligatory Leaving Forever Thread (+2)  
Because Agaricus wandered off as other things in his life became more pressing. Banjooie made an active choice to leave over certain things that were happening here. I might miss Agaricus more than Banjooie, but I also suspect that it's easier to convince someone to return when they chose to leave over some issue than it is to convince someone to return when other things just started taking precedence.

Mind you, I find the overuse of his grayed-out avatar to be irritating; not in bad taste, but avatars are a useful visual guide to who's posting, and y'all're taking that away with no particular benefit.
08-28-2007 at 11:39 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Monkey
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 190
On the subject of avatars, can I use a red Banjooie avatar with no sky?

08-28-2007 at 11:53 PM
aztcg7
Rank Points: 104
You're allowed to do most anything, no matter how annoying it may be. For instance, were I so inclined, I could monitor the forum 24 hours a day, and whenever anybody posted, the next post would be me with a little up arrow and the username of the post above mine. That said, it would probably be a bad idea.

08-29-2007 at 12:04 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
golfrman
Rank Points: 165
icon Re: Obligatory Leaving Forever Thread (+1)  
aztcg7 wrote:
You're allowed to do most anything, no matter how annoying it may be. For instance, were I so inclined, I could monitor the forum 24 hours a day, and whenever anybody posted, the next post would be me with a little up arrow and the username of the post above mine. That said, it would probably be a bad idea.
I'd say you wouldn't have very many mod points left.

08-29-2007 at 12:07 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Jatopian
Rank Points: 1842
OK, I see where the annoyed are coming from. So I'll take mine down and encourage everyone to have a differentiated mushroom. I might have one too.

08-29-2007 at 12:29 AM
Page 3 of 3
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : Obligatory Leaving Forever Thread
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com