Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : drod.net image bugs
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
DiMono
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1181
IP: Logged
icon drod.net image bugs (0)  
So there's this image at the top of the page announcing that DROD: AE is live. I've notice two fairly trivial bugs in the image which I shall share with people who can do things about them:

There's no transparency set up on it, so outside the shape containing the text is a grey square instead of the bricks

The tunnel (?) entering from the left doesn't quite line up with itself at the top.

That is all

11-20-2003 at 05:34 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
StuartK
Rank Points: 564
icon Re: drod.net image bugs (0)  
Also the buttons have shifted over to the right meaning the edges are cut off, and the background images in the 3 frames no longer line up, using IE6SP1.

I did provide Matt with blank versions of the banners, but I don't believe I changed the dimensions when I was fiddling with them. And the image probably most definitely had transparency set when I sent it, I guess :huh
11-20-2003 at 06:53 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
I buggered up the transparancy at some point, although the original file I got off you didn't have transparancy.

I'm going to have to bite the bullet and look at it. The GIMP can be so unwieldy at times.

The other things are more likely HTML problems.

Sigh... job interview time. You could wish me luck, although I doubt I'll need it.

Matt

11-20-2003 at 07:10 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
Mattcrampy wrote:
Sigh... job interview time. You could wish me luck, although I doubt I'll need it.
You sound a little cocky there--don't jinx yourself, hotshot! What are you interviewing for, anyway?

-Erik

11-20-2003 at 07:37 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
For a job going around annoying bartenders to put in cable TV. I didn't find out about what the job was until I got there, although I was given a fairly big hint from my mum.

I wasn't planning to take the job, which is why I didn't need luck. It did give me some practice interviewing, enough to know that going in and being myself might not be as effective in the interview room as in other areas of my life.

Matt

11-22-2003 at 02:37 AM
DiMono
Rank Points: 1181
Well, here's a few interview tips for you then my friend:

Dress well
Arrive early
Sit upright, with uncrossed legs and arms
Have prepared answers for the expected questions
Have anecdotes prepared for personality questions
Answer succinctly and completely, don't rattle on and on
Only answer the question they asked, unless you can show off
Have questions for the interviewer about the position and company
Observe the interviewer's body language, and respond appropriately
Don't be afraid to stop and ask "does that answer your question?" if you notice disinterest

And that's what I've got for you from my business english course, in sentences that are all longer than the previous one :D

11-22-2003 at 09:43 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : drod.net image bugs
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com