Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : DROD not changing music (on a self-compiled powerpc linux version)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Svante
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 169
IP: Logged
icon DROD not changing music (0)  
I'm not sure if this should be here or development, but here seems more likely to me. The problem is that, in most holds, the music doesn't change when I start playing. It just keeps playing the title music.

As with the other bugs that are the most annoying to fix, there are exceptions, and they seem to be random. The holds I have that work correctly are:
The City Beneath
Phil's Dungeon
The Mining Business

While the other holds are:
King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0
Perfection
Magic Show 2
Simon's Dungeon
H I J K

I'm running Linux on PPC and I (naturally) compiled DROD myself.
Thanks in advance.

Edit: I get different results depending on which level I choose. The above list is for the first levels of the holds, and the seventh level of KDDD2 works as it should.

Edit 2: All right. Looks like it's completely random. Going down the stairs to level 3 in KDD2 results in a change of music. But not going by stair to level 2. Restoring or Continuing to level 3 keeps the title music, so now I'm just confused.

Edit 3: The problem is with certain rooms, that never change the music when you enter. There doesn't seem to be any such rooms in TCB, or they are much rarer than in KDD2. I don't know more than that.

[Last edited by Svante at 08-15-2007 01:38 PM]
08-10-2007 at 01:22 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : DROD not changing music (on a self-compiled powerpc linux version)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com