Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Inserting Smilies causes message to move to the top (In posting)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
aztcg7
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 104
IP: Logged
icon Inserting Smilies causes message to move to the top (0)  
If you are typing in a message that takes more than the full text box, and then click on a smilie, the text box moves to the top, making it difficult to keep typing.

This doesn't happen if you just type it in, you need to click on it.

08-05-2007 at 12:36 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Kwakstur
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 385
icon Re: Inserting Smilies causes message to move to the top (0)  
aztcg7 wrote:
If you are typing in a message that takes more than the full text box, and then click on a smilie, the text box moves to the top, making it difficult to keep typing.

This doesn't happen if you just type it in, you need to click on it.
Which is quite counterintuitive, since similies clicked on can only be added to the bottom of the message.

Hey, wait a second, it's not happening to me! I'm staying on the bottom of the post, where I should.

This message is bigger than the box, and I don't get sent to the top when I do this: :)

08-05-2007 at 06:19 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
aztcg7
Sigh. In that case, it must be a problem with my browser, and you can safely ignore my ramblings.

08-05-2007 at 10:50 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Monkey
Rank Points: 190
It happens in Firefox, that's for sure. Whenever I click on a smiley and my post is larger than the post form, it always goes to the top. Do you happen to be using Firefox, aztcg7?

08-06-2007 at 12:24 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
golfrman
Rank Points: 165
Doesn't happen on safari.

08-06-2007 at 04:39 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
aztcg7
I am indeed using firefox.

08-06-2007 at 05:38 AM
Kwakstur
Rank Points: 385
icon Re: Inserting Smilies causes message to move to the top (+1)  
Well, Internet Explorer works just fine!

Ah, you never fail me, Explorey. Yeah, I named my browser. Isn't he cute?

08-06-2007 at 05:45 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
aztcg7
:) Just because I have to top-post all of my smilies...

So the problem appears to be isolated to Firefoxen. Or...is that plural just for Emacsen? Whoot, English language, you've never failed me yet.

08-06-2007 at 06:09 AM
jamie
Rank Points: 365
yeah, I've not tested it here, but I've noticed on my forums that it now happens to seamonkey too (the old 'mozilla' - and therefore, also gecko based) - it used to always happen on konqueror (and still does) but I'm sure it's a new thing on firefox...

They must have changed their javascript parsing somehow, but I've not bothered looking at it yet.

I remember, konqueror claimed maximum ECMA compatibility around the time when it happened there, but not on firefox.. Maybe firefox has been 'fixed' causing this to now happen.. presumably needs a javascript fix.

Or, I'm talking rubbish. You decide!

[Last edited by jamie at 08-11-2007 12:17 AM]
08-11-2007 at 12:17 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Inserting Smilies causes message to move to the top (In posting)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com