Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Scripting commands "Activate object property at", "Activate creature property"
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Someone Else
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1300
IP: Logged
icon Scripting commands "Activate object property at", "Activate creature property" (0)  
The first idea is that you can activate an object's property at a certain square. As of now, there is no way to activate the mirror's property of stopping fuses, for instance.

The second idea is to allow the player to have properties like the spiders (innate invisibility), the aumtlich (gaze), of the fegundo (explosion). This adds tons of puzzle potential (like with the aumtlich, manipulating stalwarts), and also makes more sense. With the fegundo, it may be that since when a fegundo explodes, another fegundo rises from it's ashes, that doing so would kill you. However, it would also mean that your mimics could explode.
07-30-2007 at 04:01 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Kwakstur
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 385
icon Re: Scripting commands "Activate object property at", "Activate creature property" (0)  
Mimics wouldn't explode since they always look like Beethro.

But, man, I would LOVE to be a complete Fegundo and blow up just by bumping into a wall. That would feel right for a Fegundo. Also, I would have to make sure I never kill any enemies over pit/water. And I would have to make sure that I can survive the surrounding enemies since I'll be a sitting duck as I return 6 turns later.

And having an Aumtlich gaze sounds even cooler. Imagine the complex puzzles, as well as avoiding your gaze touching enemy swords.

But won't it be difficult to define which property to activate for objects, as each one may have multiple properties?
Luckily, most enemies only have one non-ai property that sets them apart, so it will be rather easy defining those.

07-31-2007 at 07:53 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Someone Else
icon Re: Scripting commands "Activate object property at", "Activate creature property" (0)  
I was thinking it would be a list, like imperatives.
07-31-2007 at 06:31 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Kwakstur
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 385
Someone Else wrote:
I was thinking it would be a list, like imperatives.
Oh, of course. Hmm, come to think of it, what was I thinking? If I wasn't thinking of a tile to select or selecting from a list, then how was I thinking it was set up?

Bah, whatever.

While I like the monster properties idea (kudos for you), I do feel that activating an object property is rather useless. For one, the object must be in the selected tile (if it can move). And mirrors are the only objects that can move. So thier possible properties must differ from other objects that can't move (as only something that can move can activate a fuse or kill enemies). And what properties would be given to objects that can't move? Perhaps an Obstacle could explode? Not much else can be done by them.

Although, I wonder if, by extension (sorry if I'm hijacking the thread), we could activate monster's properties on the monsters themselves? I'm thinking that there could be two lists in the coding window. The first one will choose the person to affect. The second one will have the effects listed like imperatives.
The first list will have "Player" at the top, then "me" (for this NPC), then it will sort all the monsters by type, and then by movement order. Like this:
Click here to view the secret text

If that doesn't work out well, the initial suggestion is still good.

07-31-2007 at 07:53 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Someone Else
Actually, that is much better explained than my suggestion, and I like it better.
07-31-2007 at 09:11 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Scripting commands "Activate object property at", "Activate creature property"
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com