Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Lvl16 2E, harder or easier?
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
bdcribbs
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 390
IP: Logged
icon Lvl16 2E, harder or easier? (0)  
Just a curiousity... this room was much harder for me in 1.6 (at first).... I just got to this room replaying it.

I tried it over and over using the technique I remembered from 1.5, but I'm pretty sure it is no longer possible that way. I found a different way to do it in 1.6 (which is actually more forgiving, my 1.5 strategy required exact execution during the first two spawns).

I switched to my 1.5 player and watched the demo, it actually plays through the room fine, but I leave the room with an inaccessible tar baby in the lower right chamber, which wasn't really there in 1.5

This is the first room that I think I've noticed any difference in playing due to the queen/tar spawn sync.

11-15-2003 at 05:25 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
icon Re: Lvl16 2E, harder or easier? (0)  
I mentioned this room in my "replaying DROD" topic, and I kind of found it harder, but others thought it was easier, so YMMV, as the kiddies say. I checked out other rooms on 16 but none of them seemed to be overtly affected by the spawn cycle change.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
11-15-2003 at 05:34 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
zex20913
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1721
Wow...I feel old. If the kids say YMMV...

What does that mean, so I can be in the in crowd?

11-15-2003 at 11:52 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
bdcribbs
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 390
There's a difference between the kids these days and the kiddies. Kiddies say things like, "lol", "omg", "rtfl" and "asl?".
I don't know what "ymmv" means. I thought it was maybe a typo of "ygmv" which would mean "you got my vote"... but maybe I'm out of touch.

11-16-2003 at 12:41 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Rank Points: 2936
YMMV = your mileage may vary. I'm not quite sure if this will really add you to the "in" crowd, but you can give it a try and tell me how it goes.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
11-16-2003 at 12:55 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
trick
Rank Points: 2580
Hm, I don't know if the "in" crowd know big words like "mileage" ;)

In any case, I think YMMV is more of a coder saying than a kid saying. YMMV.

11-17-2003 at 11:24 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
DiMono
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1181
As long as no forum member starts getting mileage from the word hax0r, it's all good by me.

11-23-2003 at 03:40 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Mister
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 104
DiMono wrote:
As long as no forum member starts getting mileage from the word hax0r, it's all good by me.
Of course, because it should be h4><0r :P
11-25-2003 at 11:58 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Lvl16 2E, harder or easier?
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com