Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : That crazy one-eyed guy
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5383
IP: Logged
icon That crazy one-eyed guy (0)  
I'd like to congratulate (?) Oneiromancer for being dedicated enough to post here ONE THOUSAND times before anyone else! Umm... dangit, I don't have anything to give you though.

11-14-2003 at 09:49 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
eytanz
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2708
icon Re: That crazy one-eyed guy (0)  
Yey Oneiromancer!

Race you to 10,000!

Schik - what about the idea of giving him a special title? Or isn't the system up to that?

11-15-2003 at 01:54 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
zex20913
Rank Points: 1723
Hey, I'll join the race as well...even though I don't stand a CHANCE IN THE WORLD OF WINNING. Oh my, that came out loudly. So sorry.

11-15-2003 at 05:25 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
eytanz
Hey, no-one's lead lasts forever. I was the first person to reach 500 posts, but now I'm more than 200 posts behind the leader, and with this post I am the fifth person to reach 800...

11-15-2003 at 05:48 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
NoahT
Rank Points: 1133
And as for me, before I became interested in Teen Titans, I posted quite often, which brought my post count above many forum members who joined before me. And still, the statistics indicate that I'm the fifteenth member to reach 200 posts.

Oh, and nice posting, Oneiros. I give you three cheers:

Hip, Hip, Hooray! :)
Hip, Hip, Hoor...Oh, all right, I'll shut up now. :twak I should whack myself again for lying. :twak

-Noah

My stuff:
Click here to view the secret text

11-15-2003 at 06:57 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
eytanz
NoahT wrote:
And as for me, before I became interested in Teen Titans, I posted quite often, which brought my post count above many forum members who joined before me.

I'm not too sure I understand why an interest in Teen Titans would prevent you from posting much.

Though for some weird reason I have in mind one of those cartoon "educational" scenes, like there used to be in the end of He-Man cartoons in the eighties:

He-Man: In today's show, Skeletor posted a lot of pointless messages to an on-line forum, in order to increase his post count. In the real world, such behavior is called "Spamming". Spammers are bad people, who often meet violent demises involving hedge-clippers and peanut butter. Remember kids - keep your posts to a minimum!
Battlecat: ROAR!

Or maybe not.

11-15-2003 at 07:04 AM
zex20913
Rank Points: 1723
He-Man: In today's show, Skeletor posted a lot of pointless messages to an on-line forum, in order to increase his post count. In the real world, such behavior is called "Spamming". Spammers are bad people, who often meet violent demises involving hedge-clippers and peanut butter. Remember kids - keep your posts to a minimum!
Battlecat: ROAR!

I see a scene. Skeletor sitting at a computer, talking about why the damn thing won't work, and hitting enter several hundred times. And he calls a tech guy who turns out to be He-Man at his day job. Then again, that may suck. But it struck me funny.

11-15-2003 at 11:55 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
Well, here's the thing:

What shall Oneiromancer now be called?

Someone (come on, own up) had the neat idea of giving out custom titles to everyone who makes one thousand posts, decided by the other forum users. I reckon we might be able to do it, although it might mean either me or Schik (or both) will have to fiddle with the user settings so it doesn't result in the amount of titles blowing up out of proportion.

Matt

11-16-2003 at 07:39 AM
Schik
Rank Points: 5383
Mattcrampy wrote:
Someone (come on, own up) had the neat idea of giving out custom titles to everyone who makes one thousand posts, decided by the other forum users. I reckon we might be able to do it, although it might mean either me or Schik (or both) will have to fiddle with the user settings so it doesn't result in the amount of titles blowing up out of proportion.
I'm not sure I like the idea of other forum users deciding on the name. Perhaps mostly because I've had notions of allowing the user to decide their own title for a long time. Either way, I'd need to write some code to allow a custom title like that - otherwise that stupid list at the bottom of the page would grow even bigger than it is, and we'd have to give rights for posting/replying/etc. for each and every board. I'd rather do it a different way. Maybe by the time I get around to it Onei will be up to 1500 posts and we can set THAT to be the limit. :)

11-17-2003 at 05:35 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
Indeed, we can't really do anything until we can get the title fiasco sorted out.

However, I did think it was a neat idea. But we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Matt

11-17-2003 at 12:51 PM
trick
Rank Points: 2580
(This is a bit late, but...)
Congratulations! Yay!
11-17-2003 at 11:22 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : That crazy one-eyed guy
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com