Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : Did this game just release recently??? (Great so far)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Zazzaro
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 12
IP: Logged
icon Did this game just release recently??? (0)  
Well i check the silver lining site ever couple of months craving a new adventure game and i found myself checking Hero6 too. I saw the links on the side which i have checked before and was surprised and excited when i came to your site and this game was available for download. Seeing how there isnt much on the forums about it and you created a post yesterday regarding this game, did i luckily stumbled across this gem right as it released or how long has it been out?
07-19-2007 at 07:55 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Fizzii
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 22
icon Re: Did this game just release recently??? (0)  
Yes, it was released on the 16th this month :)
07-19-2007 at 07:58 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Zazzaro
Wow that is so awesome that i just happened to find it yesterday (the 18th). What luck. And its turning out to be a classic adventure game too. Def taking care of my adventure game itch. I cant say thanks enough to the people that spend their free time making a great game for all to enjoy for basically free ( i will be donating via paypal). Thank you everyone that had a hand in this game.
07-19-2007 at 08:24 AM
masked
Rank Points: 10
I just registered to only say thank you.
this is great. i dropped checking this site a while ago, seeing that it is a lot of work on a game like this and it would come when it would come. I've been really looking forward to the release, since i love old-style adventure games.
Thanks so much for all the effort and hard work spent on this, it is greatly appreciated ad admired. I grew up with sierra's king's quest series and i still love them very much, and i am quite positive i will love this one too. Thank you for providing me with some quality game-fun
All the best.
07-19-2007 at 10:42 AM
Zazzaro
icon Re: Did this game just release recently??? (+1)  
masked wrote:
this is great. i dropped checking this site a while ago, seeing that it is a lot of work on a game like this and it would come when it would come. I've been really looking forward to the release, since i love old-style adventure games.
Thanks so much for all the effort and hard work spent on this, it is greatly appreciated ad admired. I grew up with sierra's king's quest series and i still love them very much, and i am quite positive i will love this one too. Thank you for providing me with some quality game-fun
All the best.

Yeah i grew up with the Sierra adventure series too. Started with Kings Quest I on a really old IBM computer where my father would play and My sister and i would watch and try to help but we were young. I remember getting Kings Quest III for one of my birthdays and was so excited to watch my dad play. I remember i was scared of the spell room cause the music was creepy and i hated when the spells failed (ya laugh it up i was around 8 years old). Started actually playing them myself and with my sister starting at KQ4. Then i played the Quest for Glory and Police quest series myself. Those are such cherished memories and thats why i really cannot express my thanks enough to the creators of this wonderful game. Im in the midst of chapter 3 and couldnt be more pleased with the way ATOTK is playing. Wonderful job to all the people that spent time on this.

Sadly the only regret i have is that i know all the sierra games so while they are fun to play, its not the same as the first run thru when all the puzzles are fresh and new. I wish there was a way to erase that part of my memory so i could play them over from scratch. Thats why new games like this are such gems and so great to find on the net. Who cares about flashy graphics, i love the old school look and feel to these games. Sorry, i have rambled on more than i meant to. What im trying to say is THANK YOU!

[Last edited by Zazzaro at 07-19-2007 11:27 AM : grammar]
07-19-2007 at 11:23 AM
masked
Rank Points: 10
Zazzaro wrote:
masked wrote:
All the best.

Yeah i grew up with the Sierra adventure series too. Started with Kings Quest I on a really old IBM computer where my father would play and My sister and i would watch and try to help but we were young. I remember getting Kings Quest III for one of my birthdays and was so excited to watch my dad play. I remember i was scared of the spell room cause the music was creepy and i hated when the spells failed (ya laugh it up i was around 8 years old). Started actually playing them myself and with my sister starting at KQ4. Then i played the Quest for Glory and Police quest series myself. Those are such cherished memories and thats why i really cannot express my thanks enough to the creators of this wonderful game. Im in the midst of chapter 3 and couldnt be more pleased with the way ATOTK is playing. Wonderful job to all the people that spent time on this.

Sadly the only regret i have is that i know all the sierra games so while they are fun to play, its not the same as the first run thru when all the puzzles are fresh and new. I wish there was a way to erase that part of my memory so i could play them over from scratch. Thats why new games like this are such gems and so great to find on the net. Who cares about flashy graphics, i love the old school look and feel to these games. Sorry, i have rambled on more than i meant to. What im trying to say is THANK YOU!

lol agreed!. you basically said everything what i myself wanted to say. i love the graphics in ATOTK they are done with loving detail and much talent- you can hardly find games of this quality these days. You know about the graphgics- the reason why i hated king;s quest 8 was because A)3d graphics don;t suit that game b)3d graphics are lame and made the landscape unnatracitve c)i too love the feel of the old school games, old-style graphics add to the atmoshpere of fantasy c)the plot in that game was practically reduced to a nought. What you had was a sort of plain slashing. i really disliked how they damaged that last part but i suppose silver lining is there to save the honour of the game. i am sure once it;s done it will be a marvelous and complex adventure.

Ok but i guess this is offtopic. sorry about that just wanted to add this. It would seems like Zazarro and I are competing in saying thanks :D But you really baisically said what I wanted to. And one more thing, i can't believe how hmm interactive you made it in the part with the poisoning. Excellent. :)

[Last edited by masked at 07-20-2007 01:40 PM]
07-20-2007 at 01:38 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : Did this game just release recently??? (Great so far)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com