Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : A Tale of Two Kingdoms (An epic faerie tale adventure game, Deluxe Edition now released.)
Page 4 of 10
5678>>
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Pooka
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
IP: Logged
icon Re: A Tale of Two Kingdoms (updated to v1.2, Aug 28th) (0)  
Radiant wrote:

No, you didn't miss anything. Whether Taliesin, or Nimwe, or the apprentice sorceress would be able to help Geraint is an open question.

(Here I almost wrote something very stupid as I've mistaken the faerie queen's name Nimwe for the old woman's name Niameh. :blush I just wondered how come she can do such things, is her cider THAT special, or what?! :D (I thought I've missed something again because in the game I couldn't figure out why was she standing next to the old house in Havgan, although - according to the fact that in suchlike games such things don't happen without a reason - I had the feeling that there is something to learn or get there, but I couldn't manage with that part. Maybe that's where some of my missing 3 and 8 percent of points are... :P :) ) Luckily it was suspicious enough to check it before posting. :) )
I think I'll just take it as Geraint has been changed back into his human form (of course! :D ), it's just that he had nothing special to say in the finale sequence. :D

Pooka wrote:
And may I have some more "perhaps-not-so-wise-but-I-would-like-to-know" questions?
Radiant wrote:
Certainly.
Thank you, kind sir! (And *sniff* comes here if you played King's Quest 2 remake. :D (Possum says that to Graham this way, but if you don't know what I'm talking about - I mean the remake (or if you know it but didn't play it), since about the original series you must know :) -, then just skip this part, 'thanks' is the main thing. :) )

Pooka wrote:
For example why is Ruadh mad when I ask him about faeries?
Radiant wrote:
Mainly because he leads a harsh life and has no time for silly childish stories of merriment. Yes, he is Blossom's counterpart (time moves differently in Theylinn and Thierna na Oge), but he's not aware of his heritage (since he was too young at the time of the swap to remember it).
Aw, too bad. :( I was really expecting to see him return to Thierna na Oge and become a faerie when Blossom leaves, or something like that. :)

03-17-2008 at 07:13 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Radiant
Level: Moderator
Rank Points: 142
Pooka wrote:
(Here I almost wrote something very stupid as I've mistaken the faerie queen's name Nimwe for the old woman's name Niameh. :blush I just wondered how come she can do such things, is her cider THAT special, or what?!
She could be the hidden mastermind behind it all <g>

I think I'll just take it as Geraint has been changed back into his human form (of course! :D ), it's just that he had nothing special to say in the finale sequence. :D
Well, if he were there, there'd be a bunch of awkward silences. He'd be quite aware that he owes the Maeldun triad a big apology or two, and he's really bad at that (and it's not like Branwyn would be inclined to make it any easier on him...) One can probably envision something like the dinner dialog in chapter one.

Thank you, kind sir! (And *sniff* comes here if you played King's Quest 2 remake. :D
Yeah, I played it, but I prefer the original.

Aw, too bad. :( I was really expecting to see him return to Thierna na Oge and become a faerie when Blossom leaves, or something like that. :)
Well, he's got Blossom to take care of, and perhaps a wrecked house over in Havgan to rebuild. Besides, "faerieness" wears off if you spend too much time among humans; as with Blossom, Ruadh really has no place in Thierna na Oge any more.

03-17-2008 at 10:09 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Pooka
Radiant wrote:
Well, if he were there, there'd be a bunch of awkward silences. He'd be quite aware that he owes the Maeldun triad a big apology or two, and he's really bad at that (and it's not like Branwyn would be inclined to make it any easier on him...) One can probably envision something like the dinner dialog in chapter one.

I don't know, but I can imagine that "after all they've been through" together, the "fantastic four" could have ended up in making some sort of peace with each other. Now of course I don't mean that they should be best-buddies-ever, but agreeing on something like they will leave each other alone if they ever meet again sounds reasonable to me. And I guess even Branwyn could be convinced not to call Geraint lapdog and such anymore. (She could just simply ignore him, if nothing else. :) Okay, I know she has good reason not to like him.) And I think that even if he's not good at it, Geraint will apologize if it's proven to him that he should. (Now it's another story that it is a quite hard task to prove him such things. :D )
But that's of course is just what I think.

Yeah, I played it, but I prefer the original.

Ooops, that's a bit OFF, but...
Now that I couldn't do. Beginning with the remakes, the original versions simply "hurt" my eyes with their graphics. Especially the very originals from the 80's. :D
ON

Well, he's got Blossom to take care of, and perhaps a wrecked house over in Havgan to rebuild. Besides, "faerieness" wears off if you spend too much time among humans; as with Blossom, Ruadh really has no place in Thierna na Oge any more.

:( No faer(ie)! :D

But wait just a minute, his eyes are still twinkling! I know, I know, it's for recognizing him, but apart from that doesn't it mean anything?

[Last edited by Pooka at 03-18-2008 09:14 AM]
03-17-2008 at 11:07 PM
Danjen02
Rank Points: 11
icon . (0)  
I love having a dial up connection in rural Ontario. This of course means I'd have to endure a 5 hour download for the game, but that can't be helped. :?

03-24-2008 at 04:42 AM
Radiant
Pooka wrote:
But wait just a minute, his eyes are still twinkling! I know, I know, it's for recognizing him, but apart from that doesn't it mean anything?
It means he's not a lost case yet for Thierna na Oge, and might be able to enter it if he puts his mind to it (but, well, he's got other things on his mind). That doesn't exactly guarantee a warm welcome, though.

Danjen02 wrote:
I love having a dial up connection in rural Ontario. This of course means I'd have to endure a 5 hour download for the game, but that can't be helped. :?
Not really, I'm afraid. If you'd lived in Czechia, you would have been able to find the game on one of those CDs that come with magazines.

03-24-2008 at 11:28 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
wonkyth
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 15
the game on one of those CDs that come with magazines.

I would never have found you lot if it wasnt for one of those... :D

But Nonsense Transforms it"
- Cedric Whitman
w.r.t. Aristophanes
03-29-2008 at 02:01 AM
alkis21
A big THANK YOU to all the people who were involved in this lovely game. I've been playing it for a few days and I can't get enough of it.

I wish to show my appreciation by donating a small sum, but clicking on the "Donate" button takes me to a Paypal page in Dutch. How can I switch to English?

04-02-2008 at 12:40 PM
levibingbing
sorry if this is the wrong place to post. I am new and I posted help on the first forum but I am not gettting anyone to help me. I thought maybe I posted on the wrong place. I saw that people were getting help here so that is why I am asking for help in this forum. I need help in chapter 4 with Morholt.
I have tried over and over again and I cant figure out how to empty the sand out so he can see the sand dust. I have done the apples no problem. I have taken out the sand bag and tried to put it on me, on him, in the air and nothing. I cant go any further till I can do this. can anyone help me thanks

[Last edited by levibingbing at 04-28-2008 04:50 AM]
04-28-2008 at 04:48 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Radiant
This is as good a place to post as any :) As suggested in the other thread, did you remember to fill the bag with sand?

04-28-2008 at 10:32 AM
levibingbing
yes the bag is filled with sand. It just does not come out of the bag. I try to click it on me like the apples and then on him and after 3 clicks he eats me. i even tried to click it in the air. nothing happens
04-28-2008 at 05:46 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
wonkyth
Had You done the apple first?

- Cedric Whitman
w.r.t. Aristophanes
05-02-2008 at 03:59 AM
raquelzinha007
Hey, guys!
I've just started this game and I'm really unsure how to attract the guards attention and use the vase in Chapter 2.

Could you give me any hint? :?

Thanks in advance from Brazil :thumbsup
06-04-2008 at 01:00 AM
Jatopian
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1842
You attract the guard's attention by talking to him.

Keep in mind that the vase is very heavy...

06-04-2008 at 01:20 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
wonkyth
No one seems to have any pity for the poor cronies.
Most of the time they haven't got a choice.

Ahh, well.
:?

- Cedric Whitman
w.r.t. Aristophanes
06-06-2008 at 11:22 AM
imadaytripper
icon Re: A Tale of Two Kingdoms (updated Aug 2007) (0)  
HELP, I don't want any hints this time, just a straight-out spoiler answer...

**** SPOILER ****

WHO IS THE ASSASSIN AND WHAT IS HIS/HER MOTIVE?

Thanks.
08-16-2008 at 04:42 PM
wonkyth
You're chances of getting a simple answer on this forum are pretty small.
I'd tell you, but I can't remember...

- Cedric Whitman
w.r.t. Aristophanes
08-26-2008 at 08:52 AM
Radiant
Come on, it's more satisfying if you figure it out.

Make a list of all important characters in the game. Then cross out everybody that either lacks a motive, or has an alibi. For instance, you can figure out easily that Niameh isn't the assassin, because she was in Havgan at the time the murder occured.

After eliminating people in this fashion, there should be precisely one person left. That's your culprit.

08-30-2008 at 08:21 PM
LadyRenae
Rank Points: 12
Ok, I have received "*error seeking entry! please note room 17 and from where exactly you entered it" after the 'turn you into a rabbit' cutscene and incorrectly guessing the assassin. Something tells me there shouldn't be a problem seeking entry from a cutscene that I had no control over.

Or maybe it's possible I actually did do something stupid. Any ideas? Or is this a genuine bug?

(Note: the game did not "crash", in that the bunny still appeared on the screen and the game continued, but I found the fact that an error appeared to be rather odd anyway.)

[Last edited by LadyRenae at 09-03-2008 10:17 PM]
09-03-2008 at 10:16 PM
Radiant
It's a known issue, and does not pose any problems towards finishing the game.

09-04-2008 at 10:55 AM
wonkyth
then it's not a bug, it's a feature!

- Cedric Whitman
w.r.t. Aristophanes
09-06-2008 at 04:25 AM
zwetschenwasser
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 200
I just started playing this amazing game, and died :( at night when investigating. Can I get a weapon at night when the guy dies, or do I have to start over to avoid getting killed by the assassin?

11-11-2008 at 03:10 PM
Radiant
zwetschenwasser wrote:
I just started playing this amazing game,
Thanks.

There are no dead end situations in the game, so yes, there is a weapon at night. Close to hand, too.

Click here to view the secret text

11-11-2008 at 04:51 PM
Danjen02
Rank Points: 11
I just started playing this as well. Wow. Despite the graphics being 640x480 (and sprite based! :D), the production values are amazing! Great job all around (and good writing too, Raidant ;)). It's a shame games like this aren't made any more.

11-11-2008 at 08:16 PM
zwetschenwasser
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 200
You can make the game full screen, as I too agree that 640*480 sort of kills the eyes.

11-12-2008 at 09:20 PM
Dave16169
icon Re: A Tale of Two Kingdoms (0)  
Hi can anyone help me, I have worked out the crystal cave, got all 4 of the gems but Dont know what to do with them now, Pooka wont take them and I cant speak to her otherwise I restart. Thanks
01-19-2009 at 11:00 PM
TripleM
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1373
Click here to view the secret text

01-20-2009 at 02:02 AM
glamrocker91
I have a real problem. I am playing this game on Windows XP, and I am really into it. However I am having a real problem when entering Thierna na Oge. I try to do the puzzle with the doors, items and gems and I get only so far before the game either crashes, or my pc itself crashes. It keeps saying there is some AGS error or something. I have tried this about five times to no luck.

I don't want to beat the puzzle the easy way with the rune because I can't do a good amount of stuff later in the game.

I have tried using the link for the patch download on the crystalshard website and the link is not available.

Please message back with ideas as to how to counter this apparent bug.
02-22-2009 at 06:50 PM
Radiant
glamrocker91 wrote:
It keeps saying there is some AGS error or something. I have tried this about five times to no luck.
Please post a screenshot of the error.

Also, please tell me what version of ATOTK you're using (click 'about' in the save/load/quit menu).

02-22-2009 at 07:24 PM
glamrocker91
I am using version 1.2
I found a link to get me the patch, but I cannot open it because it is set in 320X200 mode and I cannot find any way to switch it to the 640 whatever mode.
[IMG http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u282/glamrocker91/error.jpg[/IMG]
02-22-2009 at 07:58 PM
glamrocker91
Kwakstur wrote:
I haven't seen the words "Active Desktop" in years...

...what version of Windows are you running?

Windows XP
02-22-2009 at 10:22 PM
Page 4 of 10
5678>>
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : A Tale of Two Kingdoms (An epic faerie tale adventure game, Deluxe Edition now released.)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com