Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : The Long Quest, Part 1: A mysterious threat emerges! : Tar Storage : 1 West
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
sjschaffner
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 30
IP: Logged
icon The Long Quest, Part 1: A mysterious threat emerges! : Tar Storage : 1 West (0)  
I have been working on this room for 3-4 hours. I could use some help. Thanks
07-16-2007 at 06:19 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Stephen4Louise
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 548
icon Re: The Long Quest, Part 1: A mysterious threat emerges! : Tar Storage : 1 West (0)  
My method went something like this...

Click here to view the secret text

After that it should be plain sailing. If you can't manage it post agin and I iwll take al ook at my demo and see if I can give some more detailed advice.

Steve.
07-16-2007 at 09:08 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
sjschaffner
Rank Points: 30
icon Re: The Long Quest, Part 1: A mysterious threat emerges! : Tar Storage : 1 West (0)  
I have spent another couple of hours trying as you suggest. I still get caught by the slayer after leaving the second switch. The problem is there are too many roaches to kill. This is an interesting room but frustrating. Any further help would be appreciated.

Thanks
07-16-2007 at 03:38 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
kzc
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 212
You can run some of the roach queens out after hitting only one switch. Killing them then makes it easier to get to the second switch without the slayer trapping you.

[Last edited by kzc at 07-16-2007 05:08 PM]
07-16-2007 at 05:08 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
DanielFishman
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 159
What I did was:

Took me a while though, and the demo is 1789 moves.
07-16-2007 at 05:58 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
goldenferret
Rank Points: 57
Heh, happy that so many people are playing my hold... :P

Hope this helps.

[Last edited by goldenferret at 07-16-2007 08:46 PM : typo]
07-16-2007 at 08:46 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
chesse20
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 28
icon Re: The Long Quest, Part 1: A mysterious threat emerges! : Tar Storage : 1 West (+2)  

ouch
03-03-2019 at 12:15 PM
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : The Long Quest, Part 1: A mysterious threat emerges! : Tar Storage : 1 West
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com