Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Wonderquest : No Place Like This (A Wonderquest fanfic)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Jeff_Ray...
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 962
IP: Logged
icon No Place Like This (+2)  
I am getting bored, so I decided to make a Wonderquest fanfiction for Wonderquest.

Author's note: None of the characters belong to me. They're googa's property.

----

Prologue: The Life Of A Homeless

It's that same life since ten years. I lost everything. My wife, my kids, my home, my job, all lost. All I have is my old clothes and my home cardbox. And heck, it's not comfy for sleeping. If only I was able to change this...

Jax sat down in the back of his cardbox. The trucks buzzed by and went down the tunnels. He was quite jealous of the other's lives. Everyone around him was richer than him. And each night he dreamt of his family he lost in a car accident. And that horrible incident which killed them all. That made him feel incomfortable.

Hours seem to be days, minutes seem to be hours. I had no game, television or book to keep myself busy with. Even a paper would be enough. No such luck. And no dump nearby. If only I got something to play with... I would feel better. I'm hungry, I'm thirsty. My legs don't get the exercises they need. I feel like a real weakling. luckily, the sun is soon setting. I will then be able to sleep. I hope I won't get awaken by these sounds again. The darkness starts to fill the skies. I feel really tired. My stomach empty, my throat as dry as a desert. I can finally get my sleep for today...

Nighttime comes. The lampposts open one at a time, and the trucks have their headlights open. The trucks luckily didn't do to much noise. It was getting calm enough. From far away, he saw people start to fight for a small dagger while riding in a truck.

"Give this to me!" said one of the persons.

"No, that's mine!" said the other.

They kept fighting until they let go their dagger. It landed right next to the opening of the cardbox Jax used as home. Jax looked closely at the dagger.

"Hmm..." thought Jax, "This could come in handy to kill some time!"

Jax puts the dagger in his pocket, and goes to sleep. What he doesn't know, is that this will start his biggest adventure ever...

End of prologue.

----

Alright, so what do you guys think?

Currently playing:
Click here to view the secret text

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

06-29-2007 at 10:46 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
googa
Level: Moderator
Rank Points: 282
icon Re: No Place Like This (0)  
Alright, so what do you guys think?
Pretty cool! :)
Author's note: None of the characters belong to me. They're googa's property.
Feel free to use them any way you want (non-commercially). In fact I'd suggest anyone who's starting a quest with story, to create an alternate ending for the adventure. You can also modify their personalities, story, etc. The way you want it.

Basic suggestions: Alien planet ending, conspiration ending, and so on..

[Last edited by googa at 07-02-2007 12:56 AM]
07-02-2007 at 12:06 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Jeff_Ray...
icon Re: No Place Like This (Spoilers) (+1)  
Ok then. My intentions are to recreate the Master Orion story in fanfic form, however.

Currently playing:

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

07-02-2007 at 03:10 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jeff_Ray...
icon Re: No Place Like This (+2)  
Sorry for D-P, but here's Chapter 1.

Chapter 1-1: One Heck Of A Tree Start

I hear crickets chirp. But it's calm. No trucks, no traffic or anything. Just crickets. And these occasional sounds. They are animal sounds. I wake up, I was still in my cardboard box. I peek out, and discover something in shock: only trees I saw.

Jax emerges from his box. He looks around, and remembers he had a dagger. Jax holds it and looks around again.

"I guess I have to leave my cardboard box to discover this really strange area."

Jax holds his dagger in front of him firmly, and proceeds.

In the next area, he saw little balls. Jax wondered if they did anything. He hit them with his arm. Nothing. He rammed it. Nothing. He punched it. OW! He stabbed it in anger with his dagger, and the orb shook, doing a funny sound and sending a line of light. One of the previously shut doors was open.

"Oh... this is how it works..." wondered out loud Jax.

He explored the new corridor, and found a ball. He hit it, another ray of light. He peeked out of the corridor, and another door was open. The corridor was pretty thin, so he had to put his dagger in his pocket and move in it sideways. He found another orb, so he hit it, opening access to a new area.

I am Nikolay. I am a trekker and an archer with a 3 year experience. Only this morning I woke up in here. I was close enough to some water, luckily. However, there was no source of food. I was able to make a good fire to warm myself with and a hut to sleep in. Sadly, I am missing the trekkers club. They will surely worry about my disappearance. But they won't find me so easy: I am in a forest with thick trees and lakes that seem to be seas.

Nikolay spent a bit here. It was sunset already. Well, the sky colour could tell him so, but he couldn't see the sun, because of the leaves of the trees blocking his view. He wished he could go back home.

"Well, let's see the good side of things. I will at last spend some time out in the wild. And I got a bow to defend myself with, incase I encounter any danger."

Chapter 1-2 coming soon.

Currently playing:

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

07-06-2007 at 08:43 PM
Jeff_Ray...
icon Re: No Place Like This (+3)  
Chapter 1-2: Two Makes A Pair

The forest was a vast place. The grassy floor and the trees made it look even more natural. Jax didn't mind the scenery: he was impatient to find someone to talk with.

I hate to be alone. I must've spent days in this sort of prison. I need someone to talk with. Even my dagger couldn't scare away boredom... If only luck could lead me towards someone.

After days of walking, Jax finds a lake. He rushes towards it.
"Water! AT LAST!" he yelled.
"Who's there?" He heard right after he yelled.

He stopped in his tracks. He nervously walks near the turn, holding his dagger. He gets his courage back, and rushes.

DOING! An arrow was dispatched towards him. He walked out of the range. Then, more arrows were thrown in his way. He dodged, then deflected an arrow with his dagger.

"What's wrong with you? I'm no monster!" he let out.

"Sorry! I'm just a bit used to be attacked by several large roaches."

"Roaches? You mean, brown roaches? I was too on my way here."

"Whatever, who are you?"

"Jax. I'm a homeless person. Well, I was before waking up here."

"Really? Tough luck! I'm Nikolay, an archer and I'm also a trekker."

"Who are these?"

"Fans of Star Trek."

"Oh. Well, I am looking for answers. Will you come with me?"

"Sure! My bow can help anytime."

"Great! Let's get moving then!"

Be on the look for Chapter 1-3.

Currently playing:

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

08-21-2007 at 02:15 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Wonderquest : No Place Like This (A Wonderquest fanfic)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com