Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Witherwood Castle : Abandoned Chapel : 2 North, 1 West (The room with pain upon the soul)
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
Chaco
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3626
IP: Logged
icon Witherwood Castle : Abandoned Chapel : 2 North, 1 West (0)  
Yes, I've associated this topic with the wrong room.

Anyway, I'd like to ask everybody if there is a trick in this room that would cause me to not need to close all the gates. Because if the intended solution to this room is to close all the gates, I'm not going to bother mastering the hold.

06-26-2007 at 07:11 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
jbluestein
Rank Points: 1670
icon Re: Witherwood Castle : Abandoned Chapel : 2 North, 1 West (0)  
Chaco wrote:
Yes, I've associated this topic with the wrong room.

Anyway, I'd like to ask everybody if there is a trick in this room that would cause me to not need to close all the gates. Because if the intended solution to this room is to close all the gates, I'm not going to bother mastering the hold.

Click here to view the secret text

06-26-2007 at 07:15 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Chaco
Rank Points: 3626
I'm well aware of the pattern that exists, I was just trying to figure out if the room was anything other than an orb puzzle because of the /extreme bout of depression/ that inevitably sets in when you have one door that's open.

Anyway, back to door-toggling then. Thanks for the confirmation.

[Last edited by Chaco at 06-26-2007 07:17 PM]
06-26-2007 at 07:17 PM
jbluestein
Rank Points: 1670
Chaco wrote:
I'm well aware of the pattern that exists, I was just trying to figure out if the room was anything other than an orb puzzle because of the /extreme bout of depression/ that inevitably sets in when you have one door that's open.

Anyway, back to door-toggling then. Thanks for the confirmation.

You went with depression? I went with rage and cursing, myself. In a subdued, totally appropriate for the workplace sort of way, anyway.

I doubt I would have solved this room if I hadn't been trying to master it so the hold could get promoted -- as it was, I had to get explicit instructions from calaramarain about how to do it.

Josh

06-26-2007 at 07:21 PM
Stephen4Louise
Rank Points: 548
jbluestein wrote:
I doubt I would have solved this room if I hadn't been trying to master it so the hold could get promoted -- as it was, I had to get explicit instructions from calaramarain about how to do it.

Josh

Same here. It is a tribute to the room in question that even without anyone pointing out which one it is, we all know it!

I wouldn't give up on mastery yet. There is a whole other level for you to look forward to O:-

Steve.
06-26-2007 at 07:33 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dex Stewart
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 355
Stephen4Louise wrote:
jbluestein wrote:

Josh

Same here. It is a tribute to the room in question that even without anyone pointing out which one it is, we all know it!

I wouldn't give up on mastery yet. There is a whole other level for you to look forward to O:-

Steve.

...which you most definitely do NOT want to see!
06-26-2007 at 09:48 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
TFMurphy
Rank Points: 3118
icon Re: Witherwood Castle : Abandoned Chapel : 2 North, 1 West (+4)  
I know Chaco's already solved this room by now, but we just *know* this room is going to come up over and over again, so I figure I might as well go over this room. I won't put up a full walkthrough, but I will go over what this type of puzzle involves, as well as the information necessary to go through the steps to solve it.

06-26-2007 at 10:07 PM
CuriousShyRabbit
Rank Points: 3170
Thanks very much for this help! I was about to give up.
06-27-2007 at 12:05 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
calamarain
Rank Points: 933
OK, this was an evil puzzle, I admit. That's why it's a secret room.

It's not possible to get it into an unsolvable configuration unless you hit the bottom orb, so you can just keep hacking away. But if you're really annoyed and just want to solve it, there's a solution behind the cut. Don't look unless you're really really stuck and ready to headbutt the monitor O:-

[Last edited by calamarain at 06-27-2007 12:22 AM]
06-27-2007 at 12:21 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Witherwood Castle : Abandoned Chapel : 2 North, 1 West (The room with pain upon the soul)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com