Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : DROD 1.7
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
NightTwister
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
IP: Logged
icon DROD 1.7 (0)  
when is DROD 1.7 be out

11-07-2003 at 12:14 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Scott
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 578
icon Re: DROD 1.7 (0)  
1.6 is only just out. Let them have a break and use this new version. There a lot of player made holds to play if you haven't already played them.
11-07-2003 at 01:07 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
NightTwister
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
Scott wrote:
1.6 is only just out. Let them have a break and use this new version. There a lot of player made holds to play if you haven't already played them.
is Carvel DROD done yet
i only have up to lvl 23

11-07-2003 at 01:41 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
Caravel DROD has been finished for a long time now...that is version 1.5. If you have checkpoints in your version, then you have Caravel 1.5. The next version is the Architecht's Edition, version 1.6. This one is easy to tell because it has several new buttons on the main DROD screen, such as Where and Build. You can download this one from the main www.drod.net webpage. If you install it over the old Caravel installation, then it will copy your saved games over (although you should always make a backup just in case). It will not update Webfoot DROD.

All of the versions of DROD go to level 25, as far as I know, so I'm not sure what you mean by "I only have up to level 23". Do you mean that's how far you've gotten in the game? There are no real major changes to the main dungeon between versions 1.5 and 1.6, so if you are worried about losing your data you can wait to install it until you beat the game.

P.S. You might want to change your signature, it's not going to make you any friends here.

Game on,

[Edited by Oneiromancer on 11-07-2003 at 01:52 AM GMT]

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
11-07-2003 at 01:51 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
To answer the OP, I'd expect DROD: Journey to Rooted Hold would come out late next year at the minimum. There's a bit more security around this one because it's partly a commercial release.

And Oneiros, they're not taking a break. On the contrary, adding new features is often the most fun thing you can do in programming, and I understand the Caravel coders (all four of them) are enjoying themselves immensely. It's testing that sucks.

Matt

11-09-2003 at 03:55 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
StuartK
Rank Points: 564
Mattcrampy wrote:
It's testing that sucks.
I like testing :)

[Edited by StuartK on 11-09-2003 at 04:09 AM GMT]
11-09-2003 at 04:08 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
Mattcrampy wrote:
And Oneiros, they're not taking a break. On the contrary, adding new features is often the most fun thing you can do in programming, and I understand the Caravel coders (all four of them) are enjoying themselves immensely. It's testing that sucks.

I didn't said they were taking a break. Scott did. I definitely know they're having fun, they are taking great pleasure in handing out little tidbits of knowledge and watching us squirm over the ramifications...

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
11-09-2003 at 04:27 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Scott
Rank Points: 578
Technically I didn't say they were having a break. I just said let the take one thats not quite the same. :)
11-09-2003 at 04:32 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : DROD 1.7
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No