Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Wonderquest : WonderQuest Dreams available for testing. (Thread terminated.)
Page 2 of 4
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Ezlo
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1214
IP: Logged
icon Re: WonderQuest Dreams available for testing. (+1)  
I just started the fourth level, and I'm VERY happy with what I see. :D The sprite for the brain needs a bit of work though. It needs to be a bit bumpier in my opinion.
06-20-2007 at 04:44 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
googa
Level: Moderator
Rank Points: 282
icon Re: WonderQuest Dreams available for testing. (0)  
How did you pass L3 without the entrance Artifact? (I'm almost changing the name to gem).

I'll update some sprites as time allows.. :)
06-20-2007 at 05:02 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
NoahT
Rank Points: 1133
icon Re: WonderQuest Dreams available for testing. (+2)  
My comments so far:

Master Orion:

Level 8, 3N4E-The room is now trivial, because now the Archer's bow shoots monsters even when he is inactive.

Level 9, 2S1E-This room is now impossible, since cables conduct electricity, which now prevents Rick from entering the ball section after striking the first orb. This could be fixed by replacing the ray casters with a yellow door that closes around the south tower.

Dreams:

Level 2, 4S7W-I was able to complete the room without using any food. Is this intentional?

Level 3, The Entrance-I didn't need to use any of the eyes to the south to obtain the artifact.

Level 3, 3S4E-It is possible, once you reach the second section, to just strike the orb to kill the roaches then exit. A solution would be to have only orb for that and to have behind lava so only Stevie can strike it, but block it with a yellow door Jax has to open, forcing him into the center of the second section before Stevie can unblock the ray caster.

Level 3, The Exit-If you enter with Cahil in the right part of the room, you can just snag the artifact without solving the puzzle. This could be fixed if the artifact section was surrounded by walls, and if there was a long path of forest into that section.

That's all for now.

-Noah

My stuff:
Click here to view the secret text

06-20-2007 at 11:10 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Ezlo
I restored to the end of level 2 after patching the game again. Then I replayed the level. It was easier, but it made me think even more that you should get rid of at least one of the roach breeder horde rooms.
06-20-2007 at 03:43 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
coppro
Rank Points: 1308
In Master Orion, the room in Level Three that introduces those plates that switch your places with another character seems to lack instructional scrolls.

Hmm... there's no introduction scroll for any other element as far as I can see.

Also, the picture for the goopy tar-like substance along the bottom in the editor is those same plates.

[Last edited by coppro at 06-21-2007 02:36 AM]
06-20-2007 at 10:47 PM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
googa
Noah wrote:
My comments so far:
Master Orion:
Level 8, 3N4E-The room is now trivial, because now the Archer's bow shoots monsters even when he is inactive.
Fixed. The Similar room on L9 was also fixed. Now the Archer needs to step out of the splitter to shoot and then come back.
Level 9, 2S1E-This room is now impossible, since cables conduct electricity, which now prevents Rick from entering the ball section after striking the first orb. This could be fixed by replacing the ray casters with a yellow door that closes around the south tower.
Fixed.

Dreams:

Level 2, 4S7W-I was able to complete the room without using any food. Is this intentional?
How did you do it?
Level 3, The Entrance-I didn't need to use any of the eyes to the south to obtain the artifact.
Waking up the eye before the right time, right? An ash tile can solve it.
Level 3, 3S4E-It is possible, once you reach the second section, to just strike the orb to kill the roaches then exit. A solution would be to have only orb for that and to have behind lava so only Stevie can strike it, but block it with a yellow door Jax has to open, forcing him into the center of the second section before Stevie can unblock the ray caster.
I just removed the extra orb.
Level 3, The Exit-If you enter with Cahil in the right part of the room, you can just snag the artifact without solving the puzzle. This could be fixed if the artifact section was surrounded by walls, and if there was a long path of forest into that section.
Fixed. I'm thinking about changing this room. The boomerang trajectory looks a little bit buggy.
06-21-2007 at 04:18 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Jeff_Ray...
Rank Points: 962
Say, how does one clear cursed ground? I got an artifact, but nothing seems to remove it.

Currently playing:

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

06-21-2007 at 12:20 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
NoahT
googa wrote:
Dreams:

How did you do it?

Well, basically I went around once with Cahil, striking the orb along the way, and at the top left corner, I made sure the balls were in a formation that would allow Rick east of the ray casters. From there I woke the eye and went around the loop to guide it, using the mud with the food on it to get around the balls when necessary, and using the same ball formation to get around the top each time. I repeated until the eye reached its destination.

-Noah

My stuff:

06-21-2007 at 12:22 PM
googa
Jeff_Ray... wrote:
Say, how does one clear cursed ground? I got an artifact, but nothing seems to remove it.
Since it is an inter-dependent feature, it only works when the game is played from the main menu. I'll change one thing: Free pass when testing room from the editor.
Well, basically I went around once with Cahil, striking the orb along the way, and at the top left corner, I made sure the balls were in a formation that would allow Rick east of the ray casters. From there I woke the eye and went around the loop to guide it, using the mud with the food on it to get around the balls when necessary, and using the same ball formation to get around the top each time. I repeated until the eye reached its destination.
I placed four new arrows facing North (30,6), (31,6) (32,6) and (33,6), and a new Jax's Icon on (27,7). Rick is not supposed to exit the Ray's enclosure.
06-21-2007 at 06:16 PM
googa
Also, the picture for the goopy tar-like substance along the bottom in the editor is those same plates.

It was used just for testing purposes. Please don't use it in your Quests. This object has been removed.

[Last edited by googa at 06-25-2007 06:38 PM]
06-21-2007 at 10:32 PM
Ezlo
I'm sorry to say but I think level 4 is just too annoying for me to complete. Every room has brained roaches coming from all sides, it gets old quite fast. Maybe some rooms you should have fluffies or eyes, or something different? It was bad enough with the four roach horde rooms in level 3.
06-21-2007 at 10:35 PM
googa
Ezlo wrote:
I just started the fourth level, and I'm VERY happy with what I see. :D The sprite for the brain needs a bit of work though. It needs to be a bit bumpier in my opinion.
I thought you liked brain rooms.
06-22-2007 at 03:28 AM
Ezlo
Yes, but every single room seems to be "Solve the puzzle while being bombarded by roaches" which is not that fun. You could almost take away the roaches and have a decent room left.
06-22-2007 at 03:35 AM
NoahT
googa wrote:
Fixed.
Another problem: now that it's safe to move back to the south tower after striking the orb, Rick can enter the ball section from the south, negating the need for the initial manuever. The solution I thought of to fix this: create a short path extending east from the path into the room, with the Archer icon at the end of the path, and place a stranded roach on a space in the water in line with the path. Create a yellow door just southwest of the roach that is opened by the first orb and closed by the third, so if you move onto the south tower after striking the first orb, the roach becomes unkillable. Additionally, use a gray door to make sure said roach must be the last thing killed in the room.

-Noah

My stuff:

06-22-2007 at 12:36 PM
googa
Fixed.
Here's what I did:

It took me a while to figure out how to solve this room again.

[Last edited by googa at 06-22-2007 11:01 PM]
06-22-2007 at 10:59 PM
NoahT
googa wrote:
Noah wrote:
Fixed. The Similar room on L9 was also fixed. Now the Archer needs to step out of the splitter to shoot and then come back.

Well, the way the level 9 room is designed, the Archer still shoots roaches when inactive. This could be fixed by a wall or forest at (3, 6).

One more thing: though I haven't reached Gaia River 6 on Level 14 of Master Orion on Wonderquest Dreams yet, the cables conducting electricity could possibly break this room, unless the intervals at which the ball strikes the orbs were longer, to give extra time to retract cables. It might still work, but I'm not sure. It is not a room I'd really want to replay to find out.

-Noah

My stuff:

06-23-2007 at 03:46 AM
Enigmatologist
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 21
Fairly big bug in Level 3 Exit - you can leave through anywhere on the south edge with Cahil, without collecting any of the artifacts.

06-23-2007 at 04:46 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
googa
Enigmatologist wrote:
Fairly big bug in Level 3 Exit - you can leave through anywhere on the south edge with Cahil, without collecting any of the artifacts.

Fixed.

Well, the way the level 9 room is designed, the Archer still shoots roaches when inactive. This could be fixed by a wall or forest at (3, 6).

Fixed. Another forest tile at (4, 6) was added to prevent the Archer from fighting from the leftmost black splitter.

One more thing: though I haven't reached Gaia River 6 on Level 14 of Master Orion on Wonderquest Dreams yet, the cables conducting electricity could possibly break this room, unless the intervals at which the ball strikes the orbs were longer, to give extra time to retract cables. It might still work, but I'm not sure. It is not a room I'd really want to replay to find out.

This room was fixed a few time ago. This one and some other red door x bomb rooms were made optional in Master Orion Quest.
06-23-2007 at 08:09 AM
vittro
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 479
I started to play seriously Wonderquest. That's awesome. I love almost all puzzle object and all puzzles I'm seeing now. I'm in "Master Orion" level 4. The plot is intrigating

06-23-2007 at 10:44 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
BDR
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 106
I'm trying to rework my way through Master Orion with a little more gusto than I've had in the past (stopped around level 9). One consequence is finding a typo: Level 2, Once North has a scroll that says "Hint: The archer can shoot over obstacles when is on a tower." It should be "Hint: The archer can shoot over obstacles when he is on a tower."
06-23-2007 at 09:30 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
NoahT
I just found another trivial solution: In Dreams, Level 4, Once South, you can just wait at the entrance as Jax for the roaches to come to you, and kill them before changing to Sophie. This could be fixed by forcing the player to change to Sophie in the entrance.

-Noah

My stuff:

06-23-2007 at 10:07 PM
googa
I just found another trivial solution: In Dreams, Level 4, Once South, you can just wait at the entrance as Jax for the roaches to come to you, and kill them before changing to Sophie. This could be fixed by forcing the player to change to Sophie in the entrance.
Fixed. Now the character changing passage was moved to the entrance room.
Level 2, Once North has a scroll that says "Hint: The archer can shoot over obstacles when is on a tower." It should be "Hint: The archer can shoot over obstacles when he is on a tower."
Fixed. If you find any text error, don't hesitate to post it.

If anyone has more bugs to post, do it now. A new version with all the latest updates/bug fixes will be released as soon as possible.
06-24-2007 at 03:15 AM
NoahT
Here's another bug I recently remembered: in Dreams, Second Level, The Devil's Throat (1), it possible to leave to the south as the Archer, leaving you stranded on the water at the room edges and forcing you to restore back to the black door room. Placing land at the room edges with a Chen icon in one of the rooms should fix this.

-Noah

My stuff:

06-24-2007 at 11:28 AM
Bonnie
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 14
How does the Golden Axe work?
(No hope of actually completing Master Orion or by extension Dreams, but I've played around with the editor, and I can't seem to work out why Rick keeps dying. I like to understand how things work.)
06-24-2007 at 09:32 PM
Bonnie
For example, if Rick has a roach to the North and the Golden Axe to the NW, both a step to the East and a rotation clockwise result in Rick's death. I don't get it...

06-25-2007 at 12:37 AM
googa
Bonnie wrote:
For example, if Rick has a roach to the North and the Golden Axe to the NW, both a step to the East and a rotation clockwise result in Rick's death. I don't get it...
You need to have the axe already equipped. Try fighting some roaches with it. Or play Dreams L2.
06-25-2007 at 02:48 AM
Bonnie
googa wrote:
Bonnie wrote:
You need to have the axe already equipped. Try fighting some roaches with it. Or play Dreams L2.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'have the axe already equipped' I had Rick, a lot of food, and the axe was golden coloured. What else?

I'm really not understanding what the axe does. It seems that if I move the axe into a roach it gets pushed several squares in the direction the axe moves, killing all soft targets in its path, before expiring. However, for a reason I can't work out sometimes Rick dies even if there are no other roaches nearby :dontgetit.

As for playing Dreams L2, it's something of a pipe dream, as it would require solving Dreams L1 :) (I'm trying!)
06-25-2007 at 05:59 PM
googa
Resources are picked up only after the hero attacks. So, you need at least one turn to start using the golden axe.
Make sure you're using Rick, and have ten or more gold in the stockpile, and start fighting some roaches. You'll figure out what it does.
06-25-2007 at 06:17 PM
googa
Version 4.03 Available.

Link.

-All the previous bugs were fixed.
-A few improvements.
-Any hero can start the level now.

To start with another hero: Control + h over a hero changer icon.
To start with Berk: Control + h over water.

-If the hero starting position is at the edge of a room, player will start facing the opposite side. (Not facing north)
06-25-2007 at 07:31 PM
Bonnie
googa wrote:
Resources are picked up only after the hero attacks. So, you need at least one turn to start using the golden axe.
Make sure you're using Rick, and have ten or more gold in the stockpile, and start fighting some roaches. You'll figure out what it does.

I somehow think you're misunderstanding me. I've set up a play area in the editor. I have Rick. He has plenty of food. His axe is golden. As far as I can tell, since the helptext just says Rick gets a golden axe and doesn't decribe its function, the axe seems to act like a battering ram. Any roaches hit by the axe will move several squares in the direction the axe moved, killing soft targets on the way, and die wen they reach their destination. However sometimes Rick will just die instead, and I have no idea why.:?.

I'm just wondering if you could explain the axe's powers, specifically it's weaknesses compared to the normal axe. If you don't want to, that's fine. Say so and I'll stop bugging you. :)
06-25-2007 at 08:02 PM
Page 2 of 4
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Wonderquest : WonderQuest Dreams available for testing. (Thread terminated.)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com