Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Wonderquest : WonderQuest Dreams available for testing. (Thread terminated.)
Page 1 of 4
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
googa
Level: Moderator
Rank Points: 282
IP: Logged
icon WonderQuest Dreams available for testing. (+5)  
Thread terminated.

[Last edited by googa at 01-04-2008 02:59 AM]
06-16-2007 at 07:53 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Jeff_Ray...
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 962
icon Re: WonderQuest Dreams available for testing. (+1)  
I checked the new quest. It's good so far, and I see you added some new stuff! The color-changing eye change is nice, it helps the players a lot. :)

Say, can we publish quests here now or do we just keep them for personal use?

Currently playing:
Click here to view the secret text

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

06-16-2007 at 09:27 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Doom
Rank Points: 3226
I played halfway through the first level, and am continuing tomorrow. So far the room design seems just as good as before (clearly one of the strong points in the original). A few small comments for now:

L1: 2N1W - I solved only the first part of the puzzle, and walked out of the room with Rick when the balls blocked the lasers.

L1: 2S1W - I solved this with one raft left. There's a possibility to get stuck if you use it in the very end and enter another room in water. (Also, I think this ruined TWO ROOMS(!) of progress due to the way restoring works :( - well, at least they went extremely fast on the second time, since I still remembered my solutions very clearly)

L1: Quiz rooms - I don't think the concept is too great. The rooms are optional, sure, but they may still require information outside the game, which I think most of the people here don't want. Also, you seem to accept only one answer. There may be different ways to spell it (for example, "one" vs "1"), and if something that should work doesn't, it'll confuse the player. As for the quizzes, I can't think of party names right now, and no form of 60 I can think of works in another one.
06-16-2007 at 10:21 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Ezlo
Rank Points: 1214
A bug: Entering a room with Rick's sword on a secret wall, the wall won't break if you wait, you have to turn your sword. Have to go now, there's a thunderstorm around here.
06-16-2007 at 11:31 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
zonhin
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 99
I can't find a documentation or help file of any kind. Googa, can you tell me how to delete objects in the editor?

Till time went and told me to say hello but wave goodbye
06-16-2007 at 11:54 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Ezlo
Level 1: Once North, Quarce West: If you time it right, you can stop the ball on the southwestern orange pressure plate by exploding the nearest bomb, causing the roach to kill itself easily.

Level 1: Vohres Crucifix Center: I've unlocked Sophie, now how do I drop all the Volcanic Terrain while still be able to reach the southwest area? EDIT: Okay, nevermind, I've unlocked Cahil, and now I'm confused even more! EDIT: Okay, now I'm stuck with Lucas! Hurrah for progress! :D EDIT: Never mind, finally on the second level.

[Last edited by Ezlo at 06-17-2007 02:53 AM]
06-17-2007 at 01:12 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
NoahT
Rank Points: 1132
icon Re: WonderQuest Dreams available for testing. (0)  
I'm having trouble figuring out how to delete things and select specific forms of elements (save for hero changers) in the editor. Is there any documentation on using the editor somewhere?

-Noah

My stuff:

06-17-2007 at 02:57 AM
Jeff_Ray...
Use right+left lick at the same time.

Currently playing:

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

06-17-2007 at 03:04 AM
coppro
Rank Points: 1308
It takes forever under WINE :( It's unplayable for Linux players.
06-17-2007 at 03:36 AM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
googa
Say, can we publish quests here now or do we just keep them for personal use?
You can start making rooms, because they'll be compatible, but I think you better wait until the final version to release it. I'll start a thread about level creating soon.

Remember the rule: Quality is better than quantity. Work hard before releasing a quest.

Is there any documentation on using the editor somewhere?
Open WQ folder -> Docs.
(Needs improvement and correction).
It takes forever under WINE It's unplayable for Linux players.
Yep. :? It's an old problem. Maybe in the future...

Codes Rooms are supposed to be real hard. Something like: "who will be the first player in the community to break that code." Always optional rooms, hard like riddles. It's non-case sensitive, and you aways should provide the answer format. Just Don't worry answering them all at once. Game 100% complete is just for tough players.

Simple Examples:

1)-Game name:
-----------

2)-2+2?
-

3)-Two plus two?
----

It's up to the Quest Artist to create a good code room.

[Last edited by googa at 06-17-2007 03:49 AM]
06-17-2007 at 03:46 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
NoahT
A suggestion to remove the trivial solution Doom mentioned for Level 1: 2N1W: Place an east-facing ray-caster between Rick's path and the balls' path.

-Noah

My stuff:

06-17-2007 at 03:48 AM
googa
Level 1: Once North, Quarce West: If you time it right, you can stop the ball on the southwestern orange pressure plate by exploding the nearest bomb, causing the roach to kill itself easily.
I moved the bomb two squares to the left. Bug fixed.

A suggestion to remove the trivial solution Doom mentioned for Level 1: 2N1W: Place an east-facing ray-caster between Rick's path and the balls' path.
Good solution. Bug fixed.

L1: 2S1W - I solved this with one raft left. There's a possibility to get stuck if you use it in the very end and enter another room in water. (Also, I think this ruined TWO ROOMS(!) of progress due to the way restoring works - well, at least they went extremely fast on the second time, since I still remembered my solutions very clearly)
Bug fixed.

[Last edited by googa at 06-17-2007 04:20 AM]
06-17-2007 at 04:20 AM
NoahT
In Master Orion, all the monsters have disappeared from the entrance rooms, making it impossible to get past the Level 4 entrance room. Additionally, the game freezes if you hold the restart button too long.

-Noah

My stuff:

[Last edited by NoahT at 06-17-2007 11:55 AM]
06-17-2007 at 11:35 AM
Ezlo
I really enjoyed Level 2 Once West, but Twice West is giving me a headache. Where do you build the towers? EDIT: Never mind, that was a fun puzzle!

[Last edited by Ezlo at 06-17-2007 02:49 PM]
06-17-2007 at 02:45 PM
Jeff_Ray...
How do you do code rooms in the editor? It's confusing me!

Currently playing:

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

06-17-2007 at 03:24 PM
googa
In Master Orion, all the monsters have disappeared from the entrance rooms, making it impossible to get past the Level 4 entrance room.
Hum, this is a new bug introduced just a few time ago. It happens just in a few cases. I'll check that. (and post an update here ASAP).
Additionally, the game freezes if you hold the restart button too long.
Fixed.
How do you do code rooms in the editor? It's confusing me!
Some objects have variants. Place a scroll text, move your mouse over it, and press X or Z keys to chose between some of them.

[Last edited by googa at 06-17-2007 10:04 PM]
06-17-2007 at 06:19 PM
googa
A new version has been uploaded. 4.01 containing the latest bug fixes/improvements.
I'll try to keep version updates being uploaded quickly.
All the bugs have been fixed.
In Master Orion, all the monsters have disappeared from the entrance rooms, making it impossible to get past the Level 4 entrance room.

This bug has struck me for a good time, but now it is fixed. Just restore from the last room (previous level), and finish it again. It'll work OK now.

About help request:

If you're stuck, and need more detailed help, create a new thread with the subject like:

WQD: L1 -Vohres crucifix.
WQMO: L4 - once north.
FOD: L1 Flooded building(SE) (forest of doom)

Don't forget the quest name.

[Last edited by googa at 06-17-2007 10:03 PM]
06-17-2007 at 09:51 PM
Jeff_Ray...
I knew about the x&z thing, but I can't put in the code? How does it work?

Currently playing:

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

06-17-2007 at 10:23 PM
googa
You need to choose the code icon and then left click it.
To test it, you need to be playing it through the main menu.
06-17-2007 at 11:13 PM
Ezlo
Okay, Level 2 was a very nice level. Nice linear start to introduce the new elements, and a very nice opening up at the end, and the post-black door puzzles were excelent as well. Now, where is the patch for 4.1 so I can continue to level 3?
06-19-2007 at 04:48 AM
googa
Here:
Download Link.

Just to make sure the bug is fixed:
Is the L3 entrance clear or not?

[Last edited by googa at 06-19-2007 04:54 AM]
06-19-2007 at 04:52 AM
Ezlo
It's clear, and it works. I also like the new thing introduced in this level, but I wonder, did my idea actually influence you in the creation of it? :P
06-19-2007 at 05:10 AM
googa
Step over monster to kill it. Yep, its yours. :)
And Rick's golden axe was inspired by Niccus, I guess.

[Last edited by googa at 06-19-2007 07:21 AM]
06-19-2007 at 05:19 AM
googa
icon Re: WonderQuest Dreams available for testing. (+2)  
Version 4.02 Available. (first post).

-Ability to delete quests from quests menu.
-Ability to delete players from player's menu.
-Some quest Bug fixes.
-L6 Secrets improved.
-Room entrance bug fixed.

Anyone having problems with Vohres Crucifix? (It's a bit hard, I know)
06-19-2007 at 07:20 AM
Ezlo
Just a thought, I think there's one too many roach and roach breeder horde rooms in level 3 when you are playing as Stevie. First you have three short ones in a row, and then one giant one later on. Maybe get rid of the third one and have a puzzle involving other eyes or something?
06-19-2007 at 09:07 PM
Ezlo
I misunderstood the bug, now the entrance to level 3 has no monsters and I need them, is there a way to fix it so that I don't have to restart level 3 again?
06-19-2007 at 10:16 PM
googa
icon Re: WonderQuest Dreams available for testing. (+2)  
You can restore(v4.02), or send me your player's folder and I'll send you back fixed.
The debugging tools will do the job. (To set Entrance room not clear).

alienleader-at-gmail.com

This bug is not frequent, but if anyone is having the same problem, just do the same.

Just a thought, I think there's one too many roach and roach breeder horde rooms in level 3 when you are playing as Stevie. First you have three short ones in a row, and then one giant one later on. Maybe get rid of the third one and have a puzzle involving other eyes or something?

They're needed so you can master Steve's way of fighting. (Tutorial rooms).

[Last edited by googa at 06-19-2007 11:16 PM]
06-19-2007 at 11:08 PM
Ezlo
Actually, nah, I'm close to where I was before anyway, I'll just keep going.
06-19-2007 at 11:09 PM
Jeff_Ray...
About the quests: do you still recommand we give the quest to you for testing before public publishing?

Currently playing:

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

06-20-2007 at 02:09 AM
googa
No, it's not needed. Anyone can playtest it.
Just create a thread for your quest,
every Quest should have one.

PS: Remember to work hard polishing it. This way more people will like it. Think about quality and not quantity of rooms.

After testing, send me the final version, so I can upload it.

And Finally..
..Good Luck! :)
06-20-2007 at 02:32 AM
Page 1 of 4
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Wonderquest : WonderQuest Dreams available for testing. (Thread terminated.)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com