Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Illumination : Operation Halfway House
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
IP: Logged
icon Operation Halfway House (0)  
Operation Halfway House is just about at an end. The plan was to release "DROD: Architects' Edition", knowing that there was at least one horrible bug left in it that we couldn't find, and hope that more eyeballs and better error logs would help us find that bug. We hedged our bets and released DROD:AE to just a few sites.

I should have just been patient, because our local boy, Clayton Weiss, nailed down some repro steps for us. Shortly after, Mike Rimer fixed the bug. I became slightly less grumpy and apathetic in response to the news and threw together a new build. If you download DROD today, you'll have a version of DROD:AE without the dreaded data-loss bug we spent so much time hating.

For the smitemasters who have already downloaded the 1.6 release of DROD:AE, you can instead download this smaller file:

http://www.drod.net/files/drod1_6_2.exe

...and use it to overwrite your DROD.EXE file. I should also point out that some other smaller bugs were fixed with this, but offhand I can't remember what they were, and I'm starting to get grumpy and apathetic again.

So download and enjoy your increased data security! If nothing ugly turns up in the next week, we will start evangelizing the DROD:AE release.

-Erik

10-27-2003 at 09:44 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
zex20913
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1721
icon Re: Operation Halfway House (0)  
This calls for a celebration!

Three cheers for:

Uh...everyone. I don't want to name names and find out that I've left out somebody.

But Erik gets five cheers, at least.

10-27-2003 at 10:36 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Rank Points: 2936
The sourceforge page still says the big bug is there...someone should probably update that.

And just to clarify, we just replace our drod.exe with the new one, right? (Rename it, of course.)

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
10-27-2003 at 11:28 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Rank Points: 2794
Oneiromancer wrote:
And just to clarify, we just replace our drod.exe with the new one, right? (Rename it, of course.)
Yep.

-Erik

10-28-2003 at 03:26 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
trick
Rank Points: 2580
Version 1.6.2 of the Linux version is now available at SourceForge. This time the file isn't printed directly in your browser window -- you actually get to download it. Note that the filename is different, so until DROD.net is updated, get it using this link: http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/drod/CDROD-1.6.2-setup.sh.bin?download

The major data corruption bug didn't appear in the Linux version, but the minor mystery bugs noone seems to remember what is is fixed. Also, the install script now tells you if you are root or not, and choose default install locations based on that. Spooky, huh ?

If you already installed 1.6, you can simply replace drod.bin with this file: http://delirare.com/files/drod/drod-1.6.2.bin.gz (gunzip before replacing).

- Gerry

[Edited by trick on 10-29-2003 at 01:24 AM GMT: added download link]
10-29-2003 at 12:46 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Illumination : Operation Halfway House
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com