Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Second "beta" database (For secondary material)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
calamarain
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 933
IP: Logged
icon Second "beta" database (0)  
This is technically a feature request, but it's for the site, not the game, I'll post it here.

We have a little tickbox that says when you're willing to beta holds. You can be invited, and you can do the testing. However, I found while doing my current hold that getting people for something else other than beta-ing can be quite tricky. I had a few volunteers for voice acting, but only a couple have been able to follow through on their offer. And locating them was tricky to start with.

So I propose another little tickbox. You tick it if you are willing and able to do secondary material for holds, and a text box to fill in what you can do. This could be music, sound effects, voice acting, character pictures, script writing. e.g. I myself am willing to do voice acting, and script writing and can do four or five distinct voices (including a kick-ass rock golem ;) )

Does this sound sensible? I know the implementation is simple enough to do, though I'm not sure how simple searching would be.

05-22-2007 at 04:27 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jason
Rank Points: 1076
icon Re: Second "beta" database (0)  
I'm not sure I understand. Why can't you just make a separate thread for voice acting?

05-22-2007 at 05:03 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
calamarain
Rank Points: 933
Jason wrote:
I'm not sure I understand. Why can't you just make a separate thread for voice acting?

Because I think you'd get a lot more people interested and able to sign up that way. It wouldn't require them to directly see the thread asking for voice actors, and more importantly, it wouldn't clog up the forum with a separate request for voice actors every time someone wanted them.

Also, this isn't just for voice acting - it would be for music, graphics, scripting and anything else.

05-22-2007 at 05:40 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Pilchard VIII
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 392
All in favour say yay.

YAAAY!

I like the sound of this idea.

05-22-2007 at 07:44 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Second "beta" database (For secondary material)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com