Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : upgradeing
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
squeekie
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 140
IP: Logged
icon upgradeing (0)  
I'm almost through with level 22. Is there any reason for me to upgrade to 1.7? Will it wipe my saved games out? I don't want to go through the game agian until I complete it. Then I'll replay it.

10-24-2003 at 09:15 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
icon Re: upgradeing (0)  
1.6 is the latest version...1.7 is the next one, which will have all new monsters. And nothing should happen when you upgrade. Just copy your entire DROD folder to a new location as a backup and then run the 1.6 installer. It will install over the old folder, and when you run the game it will ask you whether or not you want to upgrade from your previous installation. Just say yes and you will have all of your save games. Trust me, it worked, I did it for every single build of the beta. But you will have your backup just in case.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
10-24-2003 at 09:25 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
squeekie
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 140
I made a new folder and named it drodbackup and copied all drod info to it. I left original drod folder and installed 1.6. It never asked me if I want to upgrade it just stated that it was installing to C:Program files/DROD. I started the game and it started at level one the dungeon. I deleted the contents of that folder and copied the backup folder back to that folder and I'm back where I started ( or ended ). I think I'll just finish the last 4 levels then upgrade.

10-24-2003 at 11:36 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
Very strange. It usually asks this when you start the game the first time, not during the installation process. You know what...you probably moved the files instead of making a copy of them. It looks for your player.dat file in the DROD folder, and if you moved it instead of copying it the program doesn't know any better.

Well, hopefully my comments on the Hints forum helped.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
10-24-2003 at 11:40 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : upgradeing
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com