Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : TCB Mastered too soon after export/import ((you sure you want to let me into the Undercity yet?))
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Astronaut
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 21
IP: Logged
icon TCB Mastered too soon after export/import (0)  
Having conqered TCB, I was going through the levels to catch up with the secret rooms I had missed/ignored. Halfway through this process, I decided to switch OS (I get that urge sometimes, you see), so I exported my Windows XP Beethro, rebooted to Ubuntu 6.10 and imported. First message I get as Linux Beethro is "Hold Mastered!"

The restore screen shows 100% on all levels and all secret rooms conquered, but I know that's not true. I felt like such a naughty boy going down to the secret level, knowing that I wasn't supposed to be allowed in there yet.

I don't remember all the secret rooms that were unconquered at the time (some of them I hadn't even discovered), but I know they included at least FR 1N1W, RH 2N, RD 2S2E and several more. The imported game also shows 100% discovered in Tutorial Rooms, which is also incorrect.

I've got the exported .player file here if that's interesting...

05-12-2007 at 02:15 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Kevin_P86
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 535
icon Re: TCB Mastered too soon after export/import (+1)  
Indeed. As mentioned in this thread and fixed in 3.0.2 as per this post.

05-12-2007 at 07:16 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Astronaut
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 21
icon Re: TCB Mastered too soon after export/import (0)  
Ah, I see I should've gone further back through the bugs thread or made a better search before I made my post. Sorry about that. Thanks anyway, Kevin.

05-13-2007 at 12:39 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : TCB Mastered too soon after export/import ((you sure you want to let me into the Undercity yet?))
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com