Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Webmaster contact?
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
RoboBob3000
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1978
IP: Logged
icon Webmaster contact? (0)  
Hey there. I'm a brand new Legendary Smitemaster (beat the game 3 days ago) and I've been trying to e-mail you guys to get my name on the list. Alas, the address "webmaster@drod.net" doesn't seem to be accepting my messages. Perhaps it was a casualty of your move? Anyhow, I'm aching to find some way to gat my recognition. How can I get ahold of you?

10-23-2003 at 06:43 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
icon Re: Webmaster contact? (0)  
The slightly unhinged guy that goes by the name "Mattcrampy" is the webmaster, so go right ahead and PM or e-mail him through his profile to get yourself enrolled. Or you can wait for him to post here and tell you that the e-mail has been fixed and/or a new e-mail address.

And of course, congratulations! Now I suggest you download the newest version of the game so you can play the two dozen or so user-made holds so far!

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
10-23-2003 at 07:38 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
Sorry 'bout the broken e-mail, the squirrels got to it. Damn squirrels, one of these days I'm going to beat them to death with a head of lettuce, and THEN we'll see who's boss...

webmaster@drod.net isn't a real e-mail address any more - webmaster@caravelgames.com should give you the loving you need. If that fails, try mattc@caravelgames instead.

But congratulations! What was your favourite room?

Matt

10-23-2003 at 08:47 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
RoboBob3000
Rank Points: 1978
Ah, thanks for the rapid, helpful... uh... help. Consider the e-mail sent.

Favorite room? Geez... Overall I was very impressed with the versatility of the puzzles. I didn't think that you'd be able to make several hundred rooms and keep me entertained with just a sword and roaches, but then came the queens, then the eyes, then the spiders, then the snakes, then the tar (side note, I hate tar). Then you've got all those trap door puzzles and and that huge maze. I thought that you'd eventually run out of themes for your levels, but you proved me wrong. The goblins owned me for a while, and I had plenty of trouble with the goblin pushing level. I groaned when I first saw the mimics in the first or second level, I think it was, but they wound up being my favorite type of puzzle. And then came the brains! It's like the game completely reinvented itself right in the middle. I guess what I'm trying to say is that you created the perfect building blocks for an exciting puzzle game.

But hmm... What's my favorite room? I'm gonna say 22 1s 1w, the one where you control 4 mimics through their own little mazes at the same time. It wasn't the most difficult of rooms (maybe because I loved level 22 altogether and got pretty good with mimics by the end), but the general idea of the level won me over immediately. I'd like to see more like this one.

As for the latest edition, I've already downloaded it. I've played through a handful of holds (I seriously couldn't stop playing after I beat Dugan's Dungeon) and I'm downloading them a handful at a time. I haven't played with the editor yet, except to look at some of the rooms.

Which user-made hold would you recommend to play?

10-23-2003 at 11:06 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
RoboBob3000 wrote:Which user-made hold would you recommend to play?

They're all pretty good. Whatever ones you play, we all enjoy constructive criticism, to help us make better holds in the future!

One suggestion would be to start from the end of the Architecture board, to kind of move sort of chronologically through the holds...see how people's ideas evolved through the months of the beta. But since you've already started downloading holds, that's probably not much of a consideration.

Game on,

[Edited by Oneiromancer on 10-23-2003 at 06:01 PM GMT]

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
10-23-2003 at 05:58 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
krammer
Rank Points: 904
And note updates. For example, Wesley has just released a new version of Bavato's Dungeon, and Eytan has combined all his work (Old Sewers of Blorn, Eytan's Temporary Hold, Tomb of Nomb) into one with his "DVD Edition Tomb of Nomb". Just so you don't waste time downloading several versions of the same thing.

"Oook!"
10-23-2003 at 07:36 PM
StuartK
Rank Points: 564
Mattcrampy wrote:webmaster@drod.net isn't a real e-mail address any more - webmaster@caravelgames.com should give you the loving you need. If that fails, try mattc@caravelgames instead.

How about you uow.au.edu address? I've sent a couple of things directly there with no response...
10-24-2003 at 04:37 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
Uhhh....

I got them, but haven't answered. Outlook has an annoying habit of not letting me send things from the uow.edu.au address, so I have to use the web interface. A few things got lost in the ether while sorting this out, so I got the graphics but didn't reply.

Matt

10-25-2003 at 05:04 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Webmaster contact?
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com