Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Wonderquest : Curious... (TCB without wonderquest?)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
zombieP
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 14
IP: Logged
icon Curious... (+1)  
My question is: Why isn't googa part of the dev team for the next gen of DROD (TCB)?? It seems TCB has far fewer new features than wonderquest. Since googa makes no $$ from his work I find it strange he has not been part of the TCB team.

[Last edited by zombieP at 04-20-2007 07:38 AM]
04-20-2007 at 07:14 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Maurog
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1501
icon Re: Curious... (0)  
It only seems so. TCB is pretty abundant featurewise... its full potential is amazing.

04-20-2007 at 03:51 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Blondbeard
Rank Points: 1486
icon Re: Curious... (+1)  
Also... If I where googa I'd be terribly proud to have produced something like Wonderquest. Also 2: As far as I've seen googa is an awesome architect, a skilled programmer and full of ideas. If he really wanted to I think he could sneak himself in among the CaravelTeam :)

[Last edited by Blondbeard at 04-20-2007 04:34 PM]
04-20-2007 at 04:33 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
silver
Rank Points: 915
Why isn't he?
you'd have to ask him, which means your post should have started, "Hey, Googa, why aren't you on the Caravel dev team?"

probable answers:
"I didn't ask to join...
...because I'd rather pursue my own projects"
...because I was too busy with real life stuff to work on TCB, which is why you haven't seen any WQ updates in a while, either"
"Because they started development of TCB two years ago, and (I/they) didn't know my potential yet, and, in general, only people that Erik has known of for five or more years was involved"
"Because they had development all covered and didn't need me"

04-20-2007 at 06:42 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
When playing TCB, check out the dates on the level entrance texts. Almost all of the main TCB hold was finished by the end of 2005, which was around the time that Wonderquest first showed up on the board. So really, it was too late to have googa on the team by the time he showed up. To be honest, I don't really see the main dev team expanding in terms of content-makers (note that I have no knowledge of this and it's not up to me in the slightest--just my opinion), but I think that Wonderquest would certainly qualify googa to make a Smitemaster's Selection without an 8-rated hold. ;)

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
04-20-2007 at 10:56 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
zombieP
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 14
silver wrote:
Why isn't he?
you'd have to ask him, which means your post should have started, "Hey, Googa, why aren't you on the Caravel dev team?"

Ok then. But after considering some of the replies I think I have my answer. My new question to Googa is: Are you going to be involved in any future development of DROD or a commercial game of your own based on a TCB licence?

Maurog wrote:
TCB is pretty abundant featurewise... its full potential is amazing.

I agree, didn't mean to imply otherwise

Oneiromancer wrote:
When playing TCB, check out the dates on the level entrance texts. Almost all of the main TCB hold was finished by the end of 2005

Yea, that cold be a bit of an obstacle
04-21-2007 at 01:46 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
googa
Level: Moderator
Rank Points: 282
Are you going to be involved in any future development of DROD or a commercial game of your own based on a TCB licence?

Not for now, zombieP. My next projects are:

1)- Study English in the US, in July.
2)- Camping.
3)- Trekking.
4)- Going to the Beach.

And any other activity as long as it's a Real-time activity. ;)

Any experienced DROD Architect who wants to contribute with the Master Orion sequel, just PM me. I'll try to release it before my trip.

It'll be released with the editor...
..One Level and a half to go, and then I'll be finished with WQ.

[Last edited by googa at 04-21-2007 02:27 AM]
04-21-2007 at 02:26 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Beef Row
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 471
googa wrote:
Are you going to be involved in any future development of DROD or a commercial game of your own based on a TCB licence?

Not for now, zombieP. My next projects are:

1)- Study English in the US, in July.

Any idea where you'll be studying at yet?

04-21-2007 at 04:01 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
googa
Any idea where you'll be studying at yet?

Orlando, Florida.
04-22-2007 at 02:41 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Jeff_Ray...
Rank Points: 962
Say, when will be that trip? (Just to be able to say bye before then, and to know when WQ will be almost complete.

Currently playing:
Click here to view the secret text

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

04-22-2007 at 09:48 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
googa
Say, when will be that trip? (Just to be able to say bye before then, and to know when WQ will be almost complete.

Around July 15. :)

But I can't promise anything about WQ, Jeff.
I'm just doing it for pleasure.
04-23-2007 at 01:59 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Wonderquest : Curious... (TCB without wonderquest?)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com