Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : Teen Titans
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
NoahT
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1132
IP: Logged
icon Teen Titans (0)  
Hi!

For those who watch Cartoon Network, who likes the show Teen Titans? For those who don't know what it is, it's about five young fighters drawn from the corners of the universe. When they ban together, they become the world's ultimate fighting force and take on the earth's toughest challenges, such as finding the remote control. :P:D

Teen Titans URL:
http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/titans/index.html

-Noah

My stuff:
Click here to view the secret text

10-02-2003 at 05:57 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
icon Re: Teen Titans (0)  
Well, the only shows I like on Cartoon Network are in Adult Swim: Futurama and The Family Guy. I would probably like the Looney Tunes remakes if I ever saw them. Oh yeah, if they ever re-ran Animaniacs I would probably watch that too.

Well, actually, I almost never watch TV at all, so I guess it's a moot point. I like interacting with my entertainment. Well, except for books, movies, and music. :D But generally I don't like sitting in front of a TV if I'm not dynamically controlling what it is showing.

Hopefully your post won't get really off-topic now, I apologize in advance...

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
10-02-2003 at 06:41 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
Hijack!

I really like zis Futurama, alsough zey show it here at 11:30 at night, so I have zom DVDs. I should demand some more ov zose Futurama DVDs, vat do you zay, Gunther?

Matt

10-02-2003 at 12:02 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Schik
Rank Points: 5381
Speaking of Adult Swim, I like Home Movies, Sealab 2021, and of course Aqua Teen Hunger Force. Harvey Birdman ain't bad either.

10-02-2003 at 12:46 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
trick
Rank Points: 2580
I don't have a TV. I do have a TV-card in my PC, but it's not very good, and there's too many stone walls around here for it to receive any good signals anyway. I pop by my mother/sister once in a while, and they do have a TV, with Cartoon Network even. It's the nordic (european ?) variant, and i don't think they have that titan thing there.

The only CN superhero toons i've watched, at orders from my sister, is The Tick and The PowerPuff Girls. :P

Anyway, The Simpsons and Futurama rocks.

10-02-2003 at 02:49 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Rank Points: 2794
icon Re: Re: Teen Titans (0)  
I've yet to watch Teen Titans. Anything on Comedy Central that has to do with action heroes, big robots, brooding tough guys with little kid faces--naw, I can't take it. I have made several attempts to like Anime, but I can't do it. It seems obvious to me that it should not all be the same--that some should be radically better than the rest. But somehow whenever I watch something it does look like basically the same thing.

The first hour of Adult Swim is what I like. From 11pm to midnight, with maybe Futurama, Family Guy, Home Movies, The Oblongs, Harvey Birdman, etc. depending on which night and what they've changed the lineup to. I wish they would expand this little island of good shows.

Also, I heavily recommend the Futurama and Simpsons DVDs for the audio commentaries on them. It's really good behind-the-scenes talk, not just a lot of yuk-yuk. I like how it all sounds like a normal job with budgets and problems to solve. Some commentaries are disappointing because they only put the actors on them, and you just get a lot of jokes and hamming, because the actors don't know about anything beyond their job. Here you've also got people like the producers, writers, and the 3D animation engineer coming in to chat.

-Erik

10-02-2003 at 04:28 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
trick
icon Re: Re: Re: Teen Titans (0)  
ErikH2000 wrote:
I have made several attempts to like Anime, but I can't do it. It seems obvious to me that it should not all be the same--that some should be radically better than the rest. But somehow whenever I watch something it does look like basically the same thing.
A friend of me said the same thing. Spirited Away changed his opinion. Seen that ? :)

10-02-2003 at 04:38 PM
ErikH2000
icon Re: Re: Re: Re: Teen Titans (0)  
trick wrote:
A friend of me said the same thing. Spirited Away changed his opinion. Seen that ? :)
Nope.

-Erik

10-02-2003 at 05:25 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
trick
icon Spirited Away (0)  
ErikH2000 wrote:
Nope.
Okay.

So, uhm, if you ever get the chance to see it, and somehow decide to give anime yet another chance, i can highly recommend it.

[Edited by trick on 10-02-2003 at 06:08 PM]
10-02-2003 at 06:07 PM
ErikH2000
icon Re: Spirited Away (0)  
trick wrote:
So, uhm, if you ever get the chance to see it, and somehow decide to give anime yet another chance, i can highly recommend it.
Heh. Okay, if I'm in a video store or something and see it, I'll give it a close look and think about renting it.

I did watch one Anime film that I liked--Perfect Blue. Maybe it's because there weren't any big robots or tough guys in it. There is this silly girl in it who has the great misfortune of being a Pop Idol when she really wants to be an actress. I guess the same people are coming out with another movie, but I forgot the name.

-Erik

10-02-2003 at 07:03 PM
trick
icon Re: Re: Spirited Away (0)  
ErikH2000 wrote:
Heh. Okay, if I'm in a video store or something and see it, I'll give it a close look and think about renting it.
Hm, i guess i came out sounding like an anime freak there :eyes . I don't think i am.. my philosophy is that you shouldn't watch a movie because it's anime, but you shouldn't not watch a movie because it's anime either. Just treat it like you treat any other type of film. Watch the good ones, forget the rest.

I did watch one Anime film that I liked--Perfect Blue. Maybe it's because there weren't any big robots or tough guys in it.
Haven't seen that one. Anyway, there's no big robots or tough guys in Spirited Away either :P
10-02-2003 at 07:19 PM
Oneiromancer
Well, as I said in my Anime post on this board, I also enjoyed Spirited Away. It's got a great story, based in Japanese folklore, and enough strange stuff that happens that it could either be an insanely expensive live-action movie with great special effects, or a reasonably budgeted animated movie. It won the Academy Award for best animated film (I am pretty sure, at least), and the only reason it was even shown in the theaters was because the Disney company produced the American version (and translations). I think some famous people did voices, but I can't be sure.

Then there's Princess Mononoke, the English version of which was also voiced by some famous folks...I think Billy Bob Thornton and Claire Danes were two of them. The biggest reason I watched it was that it was at least partly translated by Neil Gaiman, an author who I respect quite a lot.

I agree with trick--refusing to watch an Anime just because it is an Anime is basically prejudiced. It's like refusing to read a comic book because it's illustrated. But the comparison doesn't end there--like comic books, I feel there's a lot more bad Anime than good, and you have to look carefully to find the good stuff. But there are comic books that are on the same level as good literature, and there are Anime movies that are on the same level as some of the good stuff that Hollywood puts out.

Hmph. I made a whole topic to discuss this and we're all over in Noah's.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
10-02-2003 at 10:13 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
trick
icon Re: Re: Teen Titans (0)  
Oneiromancer wrote:
It won the Academy Award for best animated film (I am pretty sure, at least), and the only reason it was even shown in the theaters was because the Disney company produced the American version (and translations). I think some famous people did voices, but I can't be sure.
That's not the reason it was shown in the cinema here in Norway. Disney or famous actors had nothing to do with it - it had japanese speech with norwegian subtitles. The year before Spirited Away they showed Metropolis, and this year Cowboy Bebop made the big screen. Probably has something to do with the government sponsoring showing of non-american movies. You americans might think that's anti-american, but it's more like the cinema would be 100% americanized otherwise. Apart from the ultra-weird norwegian movies, of course.

Hmph. I made a whole topic to discuss this and we're all over in Noah's.
Eh, right. I'll shut up now.

10-02-2003 at 10:56 PM
Oneiromancer
Back to Teen Titans, here's what Sluggy Freelance thinks of it:
http://sluggy.com/daily.php?date=031004

Game on,

10-06-2003 at 07:01 PM
freekykid2003
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
icon teen titans (0)  
they are quite good I watch them everyday but ther not my favorite show :eyes

11-18-2003 at 08:17 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
freekykid2003
hi :eyes

11-18-2003 at 08:23 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
icon Re: teen titans (0)  
Mind if I merge this into the other topic?

Matt

11-18-2003 at 10:01 AM
freekykid2003
hi

11-19-2003 at 07:01 PM
DiMono
Rank Points: 1181
The only animated programming I watch on a regular basis are Family Guy (nobody will ever know why they cancelled it after it won an emmy) and Undergrads. Up here in Canada they both show on The Comedy Network after 9pm. I really wish they'd make a second season of Undergrads. They set up for it and everything.

11-22-2003 at 09:23 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
The Family Guy DVDs sold over 1 million copies this year...which so amazed Fox that they are actually close to signing up 28 or 35 new episodes to air in prime time. It is a really funny show, and it should be coming back.

Game on,

11-22-2003 at 09:44 PM
DiMono
Rank Points: 1181
Close, it should have never been canceled, but at least they're trying to atone :pope

heehee... appropriate use of the pope smiley

11-23-2003 at 03:44 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
ZZT-X
Teen Titans... I figure American cartoons animated by foreign animations studios is gettin' old. They did that with the new He-Man, too. Ah well...

In regards to anime, I never paid much attention to it... until, just like every other stupid 12-year-old, I saw a fight sequence in DBZ.

Well, I've grown out of that, and the only animes I like are the movie Appleseed (good action flick), and Cowboy Bebop (gotta love the theme song, at least). :guns

[Edited by ZZT-X on 12-01-2003 at 07:19 PM GMT]
12-01-2003 at 07:17 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
ZZT-X wrote:
Teen Titans... I figure American cartoons animated by foreign animations studios is gettin' old. They did that with the new He-Man, too. Ah well...

I think since the eighties, all American cartoons are animated by foreign animation studios. Certainly all cartoon TV shows now are.

12-01-2003 at 07:28 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
ZZT-X
Figures. Noone can trust us after the craptacular days of Hanna-Barbera.
12-01-2003 at 07:41 PM
starla
I like Teen Titans!! :thumbsup :thumbsup wanna talk more about it?? :w00t :w00t email me at kawaii_sandie@yahoo.com :cool
01-02-2004 at 07:09 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : Teen Titans
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No