Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : When? (PLZ TELL ME)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Anson
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 67
IP: Logged
icon When? (0)  
When is the update for the full version DROD going to be realised?
Cos i want to download the update for JTRH full version and KDD full version, but if there is not going to be 1 plz post that won't be ;)

Please, I admire Guthix, I solve problems, I fix rules too. I used to be a Scoundril, Complaining about the forums, But now i changed.
Click here to view the secret text

04-07-2007 at 06:46 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Kevin_P86
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 535
icon Re: When? (0)  
Ok, so what do you mean by "update"? If you mean the newest patch, that will be whenever enough issues with the current version are found, and/or when Mr. Imer gets around to it.

However, it almost sounds like you are asking when the full version of the 2.0 engine will be made free, like the 1.* (i.e. AE) was after 2.0 was released. If this is the case, then I doubt it ever will be, at least not anywhere in the near future.

04-07-2007 at 07:49 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Anson
No i don't mean when it will become free ya know.

Please, I admire Guthix, I solve problems, I fix rules too. I used to be a Scoundril, Complaining about the forums, But now i changed.

04-07-2007 at 07:59 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
KevG
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 333
Kevin_P86 wrote:
and/or when Mr. Imer gets around to it.
Just wanted to point out that mrimer is actually M. Rimer. His first name is Mike.
04-07-2007 at 08:07 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Kevin_P86
KevG wrote:
Kevin_P86 wrote:
and/or when Mr. Imer gets around to it.
Just wanted to point out that mrimer is actually M. Rimer. His first name is Mike.
Yes, I know :).

04-07-2007 at 08:11 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Kevin_P86
Anson wrote:
No i don't mean when it will become free ya know.
Well then what do you mean...?

04-07-2007 at 08:11 AM
Jeff_Ray...
Rank Points: 962
Jhe means when the dev team will make the full version free. Never they will. If you want TCB full, you need $$$.

Currently playing:

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

04-07-2007 at 11:21 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302
My best guess would be that they get rid of AE, insert the original KDD into the DROD 2.0 engine, then release that as freeware, and sell the JtRH hold separately.
04-07-2007 at 11:38 AM
Jeff_Ray...
Maybe yes.
But TCB? No way. No fracking way, man. Never they should stop making TCB shareware. So Anson, you'll have to live with the demo version until someone buys the game.

Currently playing:

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

04-07-2007 at 11:47 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
NiroZ wrote:
My best guess would be that they get rid of AE, insert the original KDD into the DROD 2.0 engine, then release that as freeware, and sell the JtRH hold separately.
I seriously doubt anyone's going to "get rid" of AE anytime soon, seeing as it's an open-source project on SourceForge...

np: Styrofoam - Beequeen (AB Club, 12-04, Brussels BE) (Live)

[Last edited by Briareos at 04-07-2007 11:53 AM]
04-07-2007 at 11:50 AM
BeefontheBone
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 184
I suspect he was wondering if there will be versions of KDD and JtrH for the 3.0 engine, like KDD 2 for 2.0. I was wondering that too, but I'm not sure why it deserves its own incomprehensible thread - 's been asked elsewhere already.

04-07-2007 at 11:59 AM
Anson
Jeff_Ray... wrote:
Maybe yes.
But TCB? No way. No fracking way, man. Never they should stop making TCB shareware. So Anson, you'll have to live with the demo version until someone buys the game.
I just want to know when the next DROD ver 3.0.0 Patch is avalible.

04-08-2007 at 06:09 AM
Jeff_Ray...
Oh, this? I don't know.Myabe you should ask the dev team, but they might just give you the answer: when it's done.

Currently playing:

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

04-08-2007 at 11:47 AM
Alneyan
Rank Points: 622
icon Re: When? (+1)  
Jeff_Ray... wrote:
Never they should stop making TCB shareware.

I wouldn't really call TCB 'shareware', and CaravelGames doesn't use that label, as far as I know. AE and JTRH are open-source/libre/Free/whatever-term-is-popular-today software (*), in so far as the code can be modified, redistributed and things of the like. TCB should follow the same route, though I don't think the 3.0 source is available yet.

While the core of DROD is thus open, most of the content is not, and that's what you pay for when you buy the full version: holds, graphics, music, CaravelNet and the like. You could get such contents through third party providers, though, so it isn't strictly necessary to play the game. In theory, I think someone else could start a company providing paying DROD content, just like CaravelGames.

(* Modulo the usual legal slithering, of course, licence terms, terminology quarrels and so on and so forth.)
04-08-2007 at 12:16 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : When? (PLZ TELL ME)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com