Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Development : Custom clocks in TCB
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Tahnan
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2459
IP: Logged
icon Custom clocks in TCB (0)  
This is part notice, part request.

The notice part: When creating custom clocks for DROD 3.0, don't forget to put in
Click here to view the secret text
. (Secreted for those who haven't seen a certain new element first encountered in the Pirate Hideout.)

The request part: Would those who've created custom clocks for DROD 2.0 consider updating them appropriately for 3.0? (I'd do it myself if I had the slightest idea how.)
04-07-2007 at 06:28 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
coppro
Rank Points: 1308
icon Re: Custom clocks in TCB (0)  
Clocks in TCB use two images. Clock1.png and Clock2.png. Clock2 is the half-ticks.

Amazing what you learn from the manual.
04-07-2007 at 08:04 AM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Tahnan
icon Re: Custom clocks in TCB (+1)  
coppro wrote:
Clocks in TCB use two images. Clock1.png and Clock2.png. Clock2 is the half-ticks.

Amazing what you learn from the manual.
Yes well thanks for the semi-condescending tone there in the latter sentence, but what I meant was, I don't really have the technical skills to edit clock images.
04-07-2007 at 08:17 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Kevin_P86
Rank Points: 535
Well, what I have done is just taken the clock I had from 2.0, copying the image twice to both Clock1.png and Clock2.png in the TCB "Bitmaps" folder. It then just displays the same thing for the half moves as the whole moves. It at least works as a temporary solution, while stile providing the serpent information.

As a side note, if either image is not there it will revert to the default clock.

04-07-2007 at 08:33 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
coppro
Rank Points: 1308
Tahnan wrote:
Yes well thanks for the semi-condescending tone there in the latter sentence, but what I meant was, I don't really have the technical skills to edit clock images.
Sorry, I wasn't trying to seem condescending there to you. I'm just a bit annoyed, if people would actually read the manual before they post on the forum, there would be less questions about scripting and stuff (Seriously! There's actually a guide to scripting in the manual!)
04-07-2007 at 08:33 AM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
icon Re: Custom clocks in TCB (+1)  
Actually, Clock1 is the half-ticks, and Clock2 is the full ticks.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
04-07-2007 at 07:31 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tahnan
mrimer wrote:
You know, there's something terribly amusing about coppro telling me to RTFM, and yet getting his facts wrong.

But, OK, enough schadenfreude. Though I will note, with respect to coppro's comment, that's it's absolutely true that many of these things are in fact documented; but then, some things are either not documented or in a strange place. (The monster reference, for instance, doesn't even include mud, never mind gel; if gel is mentioned anywhere in the help, I didn't see it.)

In any case, as I discovered while coping with the level where the half-ticks matter, it's really, really handy to be able to see whether you're on a tick or a half-tick, so using the same image as clock-1 and clock-2 is, well, less than ideal.
04-08-2007 at 08:54 AM
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302
mrimer wrote:
Interesting. I take it that speed potions were implemented in JtRH, only it was scrapped for various reasons?
04-08-2007 at 08:58 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Development : Custom clocks in TCB
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com