Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : The City Beneath : Pirate Hideout : 4 North
Page 2 of 2
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
philb
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 11
IP: Logged
icon Re: The City Beneath : Pirate Hideout : 4 North (0)  
Sometimes we can learn from others' mistakes ! I've since solved the room, more by luck than anything else. Once you've got the potion it's fairly easy, but getting to the potion is not.

Thanks.
11-26-2007 at 10:12 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Azsedcf
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 27
I recently lost my save of TCB and have gotten back to this point without much trouble. I remember some of the parts after this but for some reason I can't get through this room.

I have tried delaying and rushing from both of the entrances but I can't even get past the statue in the middle before I get into a bad spot with one of the guards.(I even tried a kind of back and forth method but that went up in smoke so quickly that it is not very funny) I have noticed that I do get farther when I use the west entrance to the room, but because of the lack of checkpoints, I don't have have a safe way of retrying something only a few steps back.

Gods, I remember getting this room in one shot when I ran through it the first time.

I don't suppose someone has a good strong move set that would help with the start of the room?

[Last edited by Azsedcf at 06-19-2009 02:57 AM]
06-19-2009 at 02:53 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mxvladi
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2505
icon Re: The City Beneath : Pirate Hideout : 4 North (+1)  
I did this room by

Click here to view the secret text

06-19-2009 at 12:58 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
zex20913
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1723
Additionally, Azsedcf (mind if I call you Space Invader?--When you type out your username, the keys look like one of them.) you may still have your demo, even if you've lost your save. Have you tried F6 yet? If you have uploaded your score for that room, you should be able to download a demo, regardless of if it is still on your computer or not. That is, of course, if by save you didn't mean player. If that's the case, it's probably best to follow mxvladi's advice.

06-20-2009 at 02:07 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Snaaf
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10

File: TCB Pirate Hideout 4N Victory.demo (6.2 KB)
Downloaded 46 times.
License: Public Domain
I finally beat this room, with help from the various posted hints. Demo attached.
05-28-2017 at 05:47 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Page 2 of 2
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : The City Beneath : Pirate Hideout : 4 North
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com