Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : The Legend of Zelda
Page 4 of 4
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Mattcrampy
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2388
IP: Logged
icon Re: The Legend of Zelda (0)  
I'm a bit more confident about the new Zelda since I saw the second trailer. In it, there's a shot of Link running from Gohma ala Indiana Jones. This makes me think that what they're going to do for the bosses is have Link do things other than straight out fighting them, such as the running sequence in the trailer; maybe they'll have a boss that forces you to solve a puzzle before he becomes vulnerable or something. The thing I was afraid of is that there may be difficulty problems like in Wind Waker, and I think they'll get around that by making sure Link doesn't directly fight the bosses as in Wind Waker.

Matt

03-28-2005 at 03:37 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
MasterGiga
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 67
Mattcrampy wrote:
I'm a bit more confident about the new Zelda since I saw the second trailer. In it, there's a shot of Link running from Gohma ala Indiana Jones. This makes me think that what they're going to do for the bosses is have Link do things other than straight out fighting them, such as the running sequence in the trailer; maybe they'll have a boss that forces you to solve a puzzle before he becomes vulnerable or something. The thing I was afraid of is that there may be difficulty problems like in Wind Waker, and I think they'll get around that by making sure Link doesn't directly fight the bosses as in Wind Waker.

Matt

My difficulty problems came in Majora's Mask. I couldn't stand that giant fish, Gyorg from the Great Bay Temple. I would've loved to do puzzles for that instead of going underwater to get beaten most of the time. I really couldn't stand the first boss either...or the many forms of Majora's Mask in the end. :closedeyes

03-28-2005 at 05:51 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
MasterGiga
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 67
Oneiromancer wrote:
MasterGiga wrote:
But does anyone else think that Zelda 2: The Adventure of Link was just horrible. It had a whole new combat system with Exp...and it was plain out hard to play through. I did make it to the end though...but that's it. Didn't complete the game.

I enjoyed Zelda 2, and I did beat it...it really felt like an accomplishment. I guess I was already fond of RPG-type games, so I didn't really have any complaints. I like it when game series try new things.

Can't wait until the Legend of Zelda for the Gamecube!

You mean, until the second Zelda for the Gamecube? The Wind Waker's been out for a while, as we've discussed in this thread and others. Hopefully there won't be a "The Wind Waker isn't a real Zelda because of those graphics!" comments. But yeah, I'm looking forward to the next one as well.

Game on,

Oh yeah, I have the Wind Waker. Forgot to say the NEXT Zelda for the Gamecube. I haven't seen it called anything besides the Legend of Zelda so... :D

So you beat Zelda 2? Good job man! I know it must feel like a great accomplishment too. Maybe I'll give it another shot sometime...its saved on the Gamecube (Zelda: Collector's Edition) :thumbsup

03-28-2005 at 05:58 AM
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
MasterGiga wrote:
So you beat Zelda 2? Good job man! I know it must feel like a great accomplishment too. Maybe I'll give it another shot sometime...its saved on the Gamecube (Zelda: Collector's Edition) :thumbsup
Once up to the final palace, I can get all the way from the starting point to beating the final boss without losing a life. I agree that the game mechanics are just atrocious though. I'm pretty ambivalent about this game as an early RPG in general, and it doesn't feel much like a Zelda title in specific.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
03-28-2005 at 06:15 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
Some new information on the next Zelda game for the GameCube is making the rounds from E3. Here are some preview articles: one and two.

The graphics are not Wind Waker style at all, and instead are pretty much a vastly improved Ocarina of Time style. Riding your horse, Epona, is a large part of the game, and apparently Link will also become a werewolf at some point during the game! It seems that one of his companions will be able to ride him in werewolf form as well. The hands-on impression also talks about fashioning whistles out of grass--one to summon Epona, and another to summon an eagle. And the boomerang, at least, is in the game as well (it better be!).

It looks pretty cool, and I'm looking forward to it very much!

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
05-18-2005 at 09:59 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
Oneiro's pretty much said it all - it looks very cool.

Although, is it me, or did those early trailers look like Wind Waker with the cel-shading turned off?

05-19-2005 at 01:26 AM
zex20913
Rank Points: 1723
New Zelda=good stuff.

I probably would have said that regardless of what the trailers showed, but this is one of the few times I will be purchasing a game the day/night it comes out. I may even stand in line...in costume...I'm that obsessed.

05-20-2005 at 05:01 AM
Page 4 of 4
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : The Legend of Zelda
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com