Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Development : TCB Modding capabilities (I'm a newbie at this...)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Yellow_Mage
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 267
IP: Logged
icon TCB Modding capabilities (0)  
Hullo, my question is pretty simple, probably a silly because it has been mentioned before: can you make complete new floor style, and for that floor style can you make specific music in the same way that each floor styles have 3-5 (I think) peices of music?

I'm thinking of making a complete mod (more of an add really), graphics and music. The music side would be alright. I was doing some in a hold I'm making and I thought I'd expand and I thought "hey, why don't you make a floor style and put the music in that?"

I might need some pointers for graphics... is there a nice base I can work with for graphics so I know I'm doodling in the right areas? (probably hasn't changed from JtrH much, unless there is extras).

Click here to view the secret text

04-04-2007 at 06:46 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
skell
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3734
icon Re: TCB Modding capabilities (0)  
Well, I'm particularly interested in this too...
Especially interested in Obstacles modding abilities (Is this possible to add more obstacles, or in other sizes?)

[Last edited by skell at 01-29-2012 08:55 PM : Going to the keep]
04-04-2007 at 07:33 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
coppro
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1308
skell wrote:
Well, I'm particularly interested in this too...
Especially interested in Obstacles modding abilities (Is this possible to add more obstacles, or in other sizes?)

Keep Going
-Maurice Z.

No. You can change existing ones, but not add new ones (that said, there's nothing requiring that the clockweight tile actually be a clockweight.
04-04-2007 at 08:42 PM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
skell
Yeah, I was quite sure it is that way, but no one ever get hurt by asking (Well, many were, but that doesn't matter)

[Last edited by skell at 01-29-2012 08:37 PM : Going to the keep]
04-04-2007 at 09:19 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
silver
Rank Points: 915
"image wall" was added to the editor, which can serve as a custom obstacle, no?

(by the way, has the "one image per room" restriction from JtRH been lifted?)

04-04-2007 at 09:23 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Sillyman
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 339
No it can't Seep can walk on walls, but not on obstacles...

04-04-2007 at 09:25 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
silver
ah.
aha.
so based on the "monsters zone" theory of items, there's two missing "image" types: obstacles, and water.

04-04-2007 at 09:28 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
AlefBet
Rank Points: 979
icon Re: TCB Modding capabilities (+1)  
silver wrote:
(by the way, has the "one image per room" restriction from JtRH been lifted?)
Nope. Sorry. If you want to use both image wall/pit and image floor in the same room, you'll need to composite an image specifically for that room.
Sillyman wrote:
No it can't Seep can walk on walls, but not on obstacles...
You might be able to get pretty close to what you want by using custom character sprites.

++Adam H. Peterson
04-04-2007 at 09:39 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
skell
Yeah, as I am using custom character to do this. Just though it would be nicer to use obstacles, because you can see the level in-editor, and not only in playtesting/playing...

[Last edited by skell at 01-29-2012 08:33 PM : Going to the keep]
04-04-2007 at 09:43 PM
vittro
Rank Points: 479
Just some info for newbies :

The best thing to make multiple custom floor is to do this :

1) Take a screenshot of the playfield. ( Use STAMP key )
2) Open a drawing program.
3) Press CTRL-V ( or paste ).
4) Now remove the game interface and leave the playfield WITHOUT the light grey border.
5) Modify the playfield as you want, adding buildings, obstacles, walls, pits...
6) Delete all the other graphic! Or else your image will be illegal.
7) When you delete all the TCB graphics, don't crop the image, leave it with white spaces.
8) Open TCB ( or Jtrh, whatever ) and use Custom Floor, Custom Wall as you need.

Enjoy your legal modified playfield :)

04-04-2007 at 09:47 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
vittro wrote:
The best thing to make multiple custom floor is to do this :
Just two tips:

* Hit CTRL-F11 to write a screenshot of just the playing area to the game's export directory

* Use a paint program that supports layers to open this screenshot and put your own image stuff on a separate layer, then just hide/delete the screenshot before saving a final image for importing into TCB

np: Styrofoam - Forever, You Said Forever (I'm What's There To Show That Something's Missing)

[Last edited by Briareos at 04-04-2007 11:00 PM]
04-04-2007 at 10:32 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Pilchard VIII
Rank Points: 392
On a slightly different topic, is it at all possible for users to create .dmf (DROD Media file) files? Or is it only the Caravel Team that can do this?

04-05-2007 at 10:44 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
silver
it is possible to make your own .dmf files: http://forum.caravelgames.com/viewtopic.php?TopicID=14875&page=0#174391

04-05-2007 at 10:45 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Development : TCB Modding capabilities (I'm a newbie at this...)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com