Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : More Chatrooms (one for the editor and one for playing.)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
NiroZ
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1302
IP: Logged
icon More Chatrooms (0)  
Can, by default, the chat in the editor be separated from when your actually playing a hold? I mean, have a /play and /edit and a /general(which receives messages and send messages to both) and have when playing a room go to /play, editor for /edit, and when your in the chatroom /general. to navigate between them, you would of course go /general or whatever.

It's just that I'm getting all the chat from the editor when playing, and not only is it a tad annoying, but it's chock full of spoilers, and there's not a lot they can do to help that.
04-03-2007 at 07:00 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
coppro
Rank Points: 1308
icon Re: More Chatrooms (0)  
Apparently, Schik is already working on it.
04-03-2007 at 07:01 AM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Beef Row
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 471
NiroZ wrote:
Can, by default, the chat in the editor be separated from when your actually playing a hold? I mean, have a /play and /edit and a /general(which receives messages and send messages to both) and have when playing a room go to /play, editor for /edit, and when your in the chatroom /general. to navigate between them, you would of course go /general or whatever.

How about a specifically /nospoilers chat also? I have mixed feelings about the chat right now because of this whole spoilyness thing... its interesting, but sort of too revealing. I'd be more upset if someone started dropping plot points though than elements.

04-03-2007 at 07:35 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Elfstone
Rank Points: 1285
I mentioned that very idea in Chat last night: a general DROD Chat place with no spoilers of any kind allowed, no requests for help with rooms and so on, and then a specific in-game Chat place for those who do want to talk about TCB in detail.

I wonder if then if it is technically possible to have a seperate window open to general Chat whilst playing the game.

(If that is what you just said NiroZ, my apologies - I didn't understand the bit with all those slashes.) :~(

04-03-2007 at 08:49 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
NiroZ
Elfstone wrote:

(If that is what you just said NiroZ, my apologies - I didn't understand the bit with all those slashes.) :~(
Similar, but not the same.

I mentioned that very idea in Chat last night: a general DROD Chat place with no spoilers of any kind allowed, no requests for help with rooms and so on, and then a specific in-game Chat place for those who do want to talk about TCB in detail.
Problem is that the two are intertwined. You can't have a conversation about, say... the slayer without having JtRH spoilers.

I wonder if then if it is technically possible to have a seperate window open to general Chat whilst playing the game.
You mean like different channels open at the same time?

[Last edited by NiroZ at 04-03-2007 09:01 AM]
04-03-2007 at 09:01 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
jemann
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 160
NiroZ wrote:
Elfstone wrote:
You mean like different channels open at the same time?
I presume Elfstone means like being able to play DROD in one window on your desktop, with another window displaying the chat. Assuming this is what you mean, I second that request!
04-03-2007 at 10:28 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
NiroZ
jemann wrote: I presume Elfstone means like being able to play DROD in one window on your desktop, with another window displaying the chat. Assuming this is what you mean, I second that request!
Ah, in other words a full on IRC channel.
04-03-2007 at 11:24 AM
jemann
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 160
NiroZ wrote:
jemann wrote: I presume Elfstone means like being able to play DROD in one window on your desktop, with another window displaying the chat. Assuming this is what you mean, I second that request!
Ah, in other words a full on IRC channel.
Does converting it to a windowed system suddenly turn it into a 'full on' IRC channel? It is already, essentially - I'm just agitatin' for a usability improvement.
04-03-2007 at 11:58 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Elfstone
Rank Points: 1285
jemann wrote:
I presume Elfstone means like being able to play DROD in one window on your desktop, with another window displaying the chat. Assuming this is what you mean, I second that request!

Yes! that's what I meant; I'm just not very good at the technical explanation of things.

04-03-2007 at 12:23 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Banjooie
Rank Points: 1645
actually, yeah, I'd like it in a separate draggable window, because it makes the editor like grwawrgh.
04-03-2007 at 07:07 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : More Chatrooms (one for the editor and one for playing.)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com