Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Front page rendering error?
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
DiMono
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1181
IP: Logged
icon Front page rendering error? (0)  
When I go to the front page, it looks like there's a gap between top.gif and topleft.gif, right under the . after the D in the header image. Does anyone else have this problem?

09-21-2003 at 07:49 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
icon Re: Front page rendering error? (0)  
You're not using IE, right?

I'm aware of this (it's a rendering problem that IE somehow avoids) - my updating schedule (snicker) has been thrown out of whack by losing the FTP password. I've still got the new FAQ to write and Stuart's graphics to plug in - the graphics should take a bit, but the FAQ might take longer, so I'm inclined to just post what I've already written up and pick at it over time.

In other words, I'm on it. There was a similar problem I noticed in one of the stories, and I think it was because the image was repeated.

Also, concerned citizens will note that there is now only one background, rather than the inefficient three. It's already up on the new server.

Matt

09-22-2003 at 10:01 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
DiMono
I've been coding dynamic JavaScript for the last 5 months, and I'm well aware of some of the differences between IE and Mozilla/Netscape based browsers. You have no idea how long it took to make my sliding menu render the same in both browser bases (on my homepage). I feel your pain, my friend. Go Go Gadget Browser Sniffer!

09-24-2003 at 04:01 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
Ouch. I feel your pain.

Fixing some HTML is nothing compared to getting Javascript menus rendering how you want them in both browsers.

Matt

09-24-2003 at 02:55 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
DiMono
The sad thing is I've discovered a deficiency in NS6 that prevents the menu from working properly, even though it looks like it does. And I really wish NN4 didn't suck so much, since it can't even pretend to display my menu... Sorry, I'm ranting. The front page looks fixed now. Excelsior!

Edit: though the top-right image could use an overhaul, the colours don't quite match up

[Edited by DiMono on 09-24-2003 at 05:22 PM]

09-24-2003 at 05:21 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Front page rendering error?
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com