Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Possibly a silly question (A question on removing high scores)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
captainzakku
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 77
IP: Logged
icon Possibly a silly question (0)  
Is there a way to remove high scores after they have been submitted? Would deleting my own demos work, or is there an easier way?

03-29-2007 at 03:31 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
zex20913
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1723
icon Re: Possibly a silly question (0)  
I'm not sure why you would want to do that...remove them from the server, at least.

If you improve your score in a room, that score will replace the old one.

If it's for your own conservation of space on your computer, then manual control is the way to go.

If there is a way to delete your demos from the server, I don't know about it. Schik would, but only if such a method exists.

03-29-2007 at 04:37 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
halyavin
Rank Points: 52
zex20913 wrote:
I'm not sure why you would want to do that...remove them from the server, at least.
In order to remove cheat (sniped or started from entrance not available now) demos for example. Or remove demos with too long or weird pauses (playing DROD after drinking beer :thumbsdown for example).
03-29-2007 at 05:56 PM
Beef Row
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 471
halyavin wrote:
zex20913 wrote:
In order to remove cheat (sniped or started from entrance not available now) demos for example. Or remove demos with too long or weird pauses (playing DROD after drinking beer :thumbsdown for example).

Also, for people that play for average rank, I could see getting 100th place in a long terribly tedious room, and just wishing you could delete the demo instead of replaying that room.

03-29-2007 at 11:18 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Rabscuttle
Rank Points: 2460
Why not just remove all scores that aren't #1 => average rank: 1.00, average score: 17.00. yeah baby!

I can see me using something like this if I get a #1 and then noticing that there are some improvements that could be made and I don't have time, so I remove my score to stop nosy nellies from peeking at it before I have a chance to examine it properly. But that would probably stuff up the lost #1s and histories.

So I'm agin' this idea.

03-30-2007 at 01:53 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
captainzakku
Rank Points: 77
zex20913 wrote:

If you improve your score in a room, that score will replace the old one.

If it's for your own conservation of space on your computer, then manual control is the way to go.

If there is a way to delete your demos from the server, I don't know about it. Schik would, but only if such a method exists.

Mostly I was curious. I'm not sure I would even if I could, I was just realizing today that in order to get to averaging 8 pts/room I need to either
A) go back and beat the 200 rooms in JtRH that I'm averaging 100 on (which I'm not sure I want to do right now)
B) beat another 950 rooms at 10 pts/room
C) just remove the 200 scores, which hopefully would only take 20 rooms anyway.

Given that everyone has played JtRH, I figured it is probably the hardest hold to score well on, and that I would score better if I played 50 other holds before I went back and tried to optimize there.

03-30-2007 at 03:11 AM
zex20913
Rank Points: 1723
icon Re: Possibly a silly question (+1)  
Fortunately, ties are acceptable forms of point gaining. I remember, back in the day, if we had 8 1st place ties, that was it for points. There weren't even points per room back then! It was a crazy time, and you should be glad you've been born into this world. Sonny.

--The 23 year old fogey.

03-30-2007 at 03:42 AM
Beef Row
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 471
captainzakku wrote:
Mostly I was curious. I'm not sure I would even if I could, I was just realizing today that in order to get to averaging 8 pts/room I need to either
A) go back and beat the 200 rooms in JtRH that I'm averaging 100 on (which I'm not sure I want to do right now)
B) beat another 950 rooms at 10 pts/room
C) just remove the 200 scores, which hopefully would only take 20 rooms anyway.

Well, as someone 2 places below you on the board, I have to say I support your worthy goal of lowering your score! ;-) Good luck finding a way O:-

03-30-2007 at 06:05 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Possibly a silly question (A question on removing high scores)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com