Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Contests : Whither the contest compilations? (We're missing some...)
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Jatopian
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1841
IP: Logged
icon Re: Whither the contest compilations? (0)  
Sorting by rating is a pretty standard compilation tactic.

05-14-2012 at 06:12 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jatopian
I've checked the Master List of official Contests through 2007. Did anything happen in August 2007?

So... apparently there is no compilation for Five-Suite Speaking Grounds, our very first contest? I know the Ben Chisel entry was later published separately.

I'm not sure about the second contest, Dungeons of Snoll. There were only two entries; they might have been published separately.

War of the Dungeons does not merit a compilation in my opinion, since all rooms were puzzle-wise identical to existing rooms.

DROD Film Festival was in fact an architecture contest, and could probably be compiled just fine with 3.x scripting abilities.

Limited Resources had a compilation in beta by Swivel and apparently it never got done.

Story of You has no compilation.

Elemental Showcase had a compilation in progress by Tahnan.

I doubt we'll ever be able to compile the architecture portions of Secret Santa.

[Last edited by Jatopian at 05-14-2012 06:23 PM]
05-14-2012 at 08:05 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Mouse
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 246
quote:
Jatopian wrote:

Later I may go through the Master List of Contests and see what others are missing compilations, though it would help if we could get that up to date. Le sigh.

I had a go at that but didn't want to necro 2 threads at once so the result is here. You're more than welcome to copy that post back into the right thread.
05-14-2012 at 03:09 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Jacob
Rank Points: 3506
quote:
Jatopian wrote:
I doubt we'll ever be able to compile the architecture portions of Secret Santa.

Chaco compiled 3/5 of them. You commented on it at the time, so maybe I've missed your meaning.

05-14-2012 at 04:44 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
gamer_extreme_101
Rank Points: 1927
I could give a hand with creating a couple of compilations if needed. Making non-puzzle rooms I'm decently competent at. :P

How many of these entries aren't Anyone Edit is the first problem, I imagine.

05-14-2012 at 05:31 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jatopian
quote:
Jacob wrote: Chaco compiled 3/5 of them. You commented on it at the time, so maybe I've missed your meaning.
The meaning is that I forgot about that and didn't find it on searching. I'll cross that one off, then.
quote:
gamer_extreme_101 wrote: How many of these entries aren't Anyone Edit is the first problem, I imagine.
I believe there are ways around that for Caravel people... but I'd only want to use them in the event that we get the entrant's permission but he's lost the hold and can't provide us with an Anyone Edit copy.

[Last edited by Jatopian at 05-14-2012 06:35 PM]
05-14-2012 at 06:34 PM
Dragon Fogel
Rank Points: 887
icon Re: Whither the contest compilations? (+3)  
Bumping this because we have had a veritable drought of contest compilations making it to HA lately. I looked back through a few pages to catch other contests, I don't have quite enough time on my hands to try to hunt down absolutely everything.

In addition to compilations mentioned above, I don't believe these have a published compilation, but I only glanced at some of these threads so I'm not sure. I'm just posting everything I find and we can sort out if any of these are feasible to compile later.

Secreted for length.

Click here to view the secret text

That's everything I had the energy to find. I don't believe anything else noted in this thread has been compiled (other than the things crossed off both lists).
03-28-2016 at 10:45 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Contests : Whither the contest compilations? (We're missing some...)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com