Announcement: To see an overview of all the holds in this forum, see this page. You cannot directly add your hold by attaching it here - you must get your hold approved by Hold Administrators. Check this thread for details.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Twenty Minutes Distraction (Vestiges of story, and various widgets.)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Your Rating
Average User Rating
Difficulty:
Overall:

6.8/10 (31 votes)
σ 0.97
Author Name:Thalamasa
Submitted By:Banjooie
Hold Name:Twenty Minutes Distraction
Theme:Vestiges of story, and various widgets.
Author's Difficulty:
Number of Levels:1
Number of Rooms:9
Number of Monsters:130
Version:DROD: Journey to Rooted Hold
High Scores:View High Scores
Hold Karma:2 (+2 / -0)
Poster Message
admin
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 8
IP: Logged

File: Twenty Minutes Distraction.hold (6.6 KB)
Downloaded 1399 times.
License: Other
icon Twenty Minutes Distraction  
Various people are telling me this is an alright hold of perhaps above mediocre proportions! I have faith in them, and offer michthro chances to see the number 1 flash on his screen approximately 7 times.

I am kind and generous like that.
03-15-2007 at 06:46 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Stephen4Louise
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 548
icon Re: Twenty Minutes Distraction (0)  
Twenty minutes was about right. 2S2W was my favorite room, but they were all great. Now, I might just go look at those scrolls.

Keep up the good work.

Steve.
03-15-2007 at 07:42 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tahnan
Rank Points: 2459
icon Re: Twenty Minutes Distraction (+1)  
Stephen4Louise wrote:
Twenty minutes was about right. 2S2W was my favorite room, but they were all great. Now, I might just go look at those scrolls.
You've got to be kidding. There's nothing he could possibly put on a scroll that would be worth the effort of clearing all the tar out of 2S3W.
03-15-2007 at 09:24 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Banjooie
Rank Points: 1645
I randomly called it twenty minutes because I figured it would take like, five

it's taking everyone twenty minutes

this is kind of terrifying
03-15-2007 at 09:31 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Ezlo
Rank Points: 1214
I for one thought it was a great hold! I really hope you continue to build stuff Banjooie, you seem to be pretty gifted. 8 with 6.5 brains.
03-15-2007 at 09:33 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
tokyokid
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 453
Trust me Stephen, you don't want to know what the scroll says. If you really wanted to know, just check in the editor! It's anyone edit. :) Ahh... forget that. I didn't see Tahnan's post. :P

Great hold, Banjooie! The Slayer/Halph room (2S2W) was excellent. Really, all the rooms in the hold are very fun and innovating. Heh, this hold actually took me 34 minutes! You lied, liar!

I gave this hold an 8 and 6 brains. Keep making holds, Banj!

[Last edited by tokyokid at 03-15-2007 09:41 PM]
03-15-2007 at 09:39 PM
schep
Rank Points: 865
Yeah, it took me quite a bit more than 20 minutes, but mainly because I couldn't figure out how to get the Slayer to back away just right.
03-16-2007 at 02:05 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Banjooie
That does seem to be the hard room in the hold. I just went nuts practicing slayer manipulation when people talked about how to kill him, I guess? I don't know.
03-16-2007 at 02:14 AM
Blondbeard
Rank Points: 1486
I find it odd that this hold is rated as harder than KDD. Really, really odd.

[Last edited by Blondbeard at 05-18-2007 08:49 PM]
05-18-2007 at 08:48 PM
Banjooie
yeah. Yeah, I know. I don't get it either.
05-18-2007 at 10:50 PM
Dex Stewart
Rank Points: 355
It took me 8 minutes and I give it a 6 with 2 1/2 brains. Not bad.
05-19-2007 at 02:27 PM
da rogu3
Rank Points: 491
I rushed through this, thinking I wouldn't be able to get it done in under 20 minutes. Then it ended up only taking 12 minutes.

As for the puzzles, they mostly relied on hack + slash, and manipulation. The tar rooms were pretty tedious though.
04-24-2011 at 11:17 PM
Jatopian
Rank Points: 1842
He told you not to read the scroll.

04-25-2011 at 01:30 AM
Banjooie
I did, I mean, it was literally a goddamn thing, right there, 'don't read the scroll, it's not worth it'

Also, I will continue to never finish that one hold I was doing that was kind of cool sort of.
04-25-2011 at 03:35 AM
slimm tom
Rank Points: 1228

File: TMD Hm 2S3W Victory.demo (5 KB)
Downloaded 71 times.
License: Public Domain
Nice hold for a quick DROD session! Good, simple puzzles, not tedious at all. I give it a 7 for fun, and a 4 for difficulty.

Oh, and here's me very inefficiently clearing 2S3W of tar. You knew people were going to do that when you put it there. ;)

[Last edited by slimm tom at 06-19-2011 02:47 PM]
06-16-2011 at 06:43 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Banjooie
Well, yes. However, I was very firm on the point that you did not and frankly /should/ not actually do it.

See, when I was making the room, I realized 'Incredible. This room would be the worst room ever if you actually had to clear the tar.' I could make a secret room that WAS this room except you had to clear the tar, but then I'd be basically the worst person ever. So I just said 'technically you can, have this dumb reward for doing it'.
06-17-2011 at 02:11 AM
Rheb
Rank Points: 1211
Fun hold. Mostly because you set the goal to complete it as fast as possible :)

06-17-2011 at 12:48 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
12th Archivist
Rank Points: 789
That was an excellent adventure! I am impressed, Banjooie! Please continue your project! You are quite the architect! I should stop shouting!

First room was probably the hardest, since it takes a while to logic out the solution. Curiously, Once South and Twice South, Twice West were the easiest rooms of the hold, oddly enough. Maybe I am too used to slayer manipulation?

Overall, a great experience to just about anyone that plays. Highly recommended! :thumbsup
8 for fun
6 for brains
90/100 approval rating.
EDIT: Oh, I completed it in about 15 minutes. Yay for me.

Check out the DROD Wikia project here!

[Last edited by 12th Archivist at 07-19-2011 01:01 PM]
07-19-2011 at 01:00 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Twenty Minutes Distraction (Vestiges of story, and various widgets.) Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com