Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Another bar-related question :) (Am I getting far too jumpy about this?)
Page 1 of 3
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
hyphz
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 34
IP: Logged
icon Another bar-related question :) (0)  
So c'mon, tell us.. are you gearing up for the release, and the consequent jump to 100%? Or is the next 0.1% being a doozy? ;) :blush
03-15-2007 at 03:58 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
MeckMeck GRE
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 594
icon Re: Another bar-related question :) (0)  
If you manage to click the bar 1 million times in 24 hours, it will even jump up to 115%.. no, honestly... we don't know when and how much the bar will raise.
03-15-2007 at 04:55 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
larrymurk
Rank Points: 1911
All I can say is the number 98.9 has been stuck in my head like forever it seems.

Anyone else having that problem?
03-15-2007 at 05:32 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
silver
Rank Points: 915
not really. it's only been a week or so, and people are pressuring them with distractions already so clearly the masses just want miracles. whereas I am an experienced software developer, and this seems like hardly time at all.

besides, people in the bar thread keep asking them not to release it too soon. a bunch of people actually want them to wait until April 1st, even if it's ready tomorrow. weird.

[Last edited by silver at 03-15-2007 05:51 PM]
03-15-2007 at 05:46 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
larrymurk wrote:
Anyone else having that problem?
Well, it's not exactly stuck in my head, but it sure has burnt into my retinas... :w00t

np: Yasume - Peculiar Fascination (Where We're From The Birds Sing A Pretty Song)

03-15-2007 at 06:03 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
jbluestein
Rank Points: 1670
silver wrote:
besides, people in the bar thread keep asking them not to release it too soon. a bunch of people actually want them to wait until April 1st, even if it's ready tomorrow. weird.

Well, speaking as a guy whose wife just left him (for a week only, not to worry), I think they should release it NOW.

I would have so much uninterrupted time to devote to it...I would be a happy guy.

Josh

03-15-2007 at 06:03 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
hyphz
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 34
TIGSource reported that it would be this month, and thus not April 1st, although I don't know where they got that information from.

(On a side note, did anyone spot the other clues about features from the "DROD Mini Mafia" thread on the Wizards of the Coast boards? An inventory of potions and a "search" command!?)
03-15-2007 at 06:06 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Elfstone
Rank Points: 1285
icon Re: Another bar-related question :) (+3)  
jbluestein wrote:
Well, speaking as a guy whose wife just left him (for a week only, not to worry), I think they should release it NOW.

I would have so much uninterrupted time to devote to it...I would be a happy guy.

Josh

Ah! Men!! mutter, mutter mutter, mutter

Josh dear there are so many ways you could persuade, tempt, entice your good lady to "leave you" for a week, when TCB is finally released. A very little imagination is all that is required (and a reasonable bank balance helps of course ;) ). There are Spa weeks, for instance, to pamper her; there is shopping in Paris; there is a week relaxing/swimming/sunning in the Seychelles; there are cultural tours of various capital cities (I could easily lose another week in Brugge, if anyone's offering ? . . . ? :look ? no ? . . . :( ); I'm sure a week on Safari in the Serengeti would ease the pain of your absorbtion in the game and consequent lack of attention to her; has she visited Machu Pichu? Sydney Opera House? Angkor Wat? - the list goes on and on . . . .

03-15-2007 at 06:21 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
jbluestein
Rank Points: 1670
Elfstone wrote:
jbluestein wrote:

Josh

Josh dear there are so many ways you could persuade, tempt, entice your good lady to "leave you" for a week, when TCB is finally released. A very little imagination is all that is required (and a reasonable bank balance helps of course ;) ). There are Spa weeks, for instance, to pamper her; there is shopping in Paris; there is a week relaxing/swimming/sunning in the Seychelles; there are cultural tours of various capital cities (I could easily lose another week in Brugge, if anyone's offering ? . . . ? :look ? no ? . . . :( ); I'm sure a week on Safari in the Serengeti would ease the pain of your absorbtion in the game and consequent lack of attention to her; has she visited Machu Pichu? Sydney Opera House? Angkor Wat? - the list goes on and on . . . .

Thing is, if she's going off on any transoceanic flights, I'd want to go with her.

It's not that I want her to be elsewhere, it's just that she's elsewhere right now, and I've got nothing to keep me busy except a 3 1/2-year-old and a 1 1/2-year-old.

Not that that's not plenty.

Josh

03-15-2007 at 07:05 PM
BeefontheBone
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 184
If TCB sees the light of day (as opposed to the gloom of beta testing) before April 1st I'll eat my hat. I only own 3 hats since I look daft in them, so I'd rather not reduce my head-warming capacity to 66% if I can help it.

03-15-2007 at 07:14 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Yellow_Mage
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 267
icon Re: Another bar-related question :) (+1)  
Well it's going to come out before it reaches 100%. >_>

A while ago I was think that the game would be released on a special day. Pi Day passed (and so did Girl Scout Day), but weeks ago I was thinking of Mother's Day (the Mother's Day that isn't in May, but March), which is this weekend but I doubt it. I'm running out of special days...

Today's the Ides of March. 17th is St Patrick's Day, 18th Mother's Day, 20th US National Quilting Day, 23rd Toast Day, 24th Chocolate Covered Raisin Day, with 26th being Make Up Your Own Holiday Day. 28th is Something On A Stick Day, 30th being Doctor Day, with the month being rounded off with Tater Day. Mmm...

So it could be any of those dates. Or April the 2nd.

Click here to view the secret text

03-15-2007 at 07:17 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
silver
for most of those days, if it came out on them, it would be a coincidence rather than a plan.

03-15-2007 at 07:22 PM
zex20913
Rank Points: 1721
Not chocolate covered raisin day. That's right up there with Christmas.

Oh heck yes!

03-15-2007 at 07:41 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
hyphz wrote:
(On a side note, did anyone spot the other clues about features from the "DROD Mini Mafia" thread on the Wizards of the Coast boards? An inventory of potions and a "search" command!?)
The what? The who? :huh

Could you spare a link for someone eagerly searching for TCB news? O:-

np: Clint Mansell - First Person Shooter (Doom OST)

03-15-2007 at 07:59 PM
Doom
Rank Points: 3226
Briareos wrote:
Could you spare a link for someone eagerly searching for TCB news? O:-
That one sounds like it would be here. I, by the way, have absolutely no idea what this is about at this moment...
03-15-2007 at 08:07 PM
Banjooie
Rank Points: 1645
Wow. A bunch of people on WotC who presumably are not us really like DROD. That's kinda cool.
03-15-2007 at 09:17 PM
vittro
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 479
icon Re: Another bar-related question :) (+4)  
Magic : The Dungeon

:rolleyes

03-15-2007 at 09:22 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Doom
Rank Points: 3226
Heh, that's a neat one.

Although the mana-cost is kind of odd, and Beethro would make more sense as a 4/1 First Striker with an activatable backswipe ability or something like that.

Actually, many Drod elements could work rather well as Magic cards. Tar and mud make tokens. Decoys have a Lure-effect. And the ray-gun will be the awesome legendary piece of equipment...!
03-15-2007 at 09:29 PM
vittro
There are 2 more.

03-15-2007 at 09:34 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Banjooie
Doom wrote:
Heh, that's a neat one.

Although the mana-cost is kind of odd, and Beethro would make more sense as a 4/1 First Striker with an activatable backswipe ability or something like that.

I would assume those are average smitemasters, because Beethro is totally awesome.

Denfry probably has a mana cost for doublestrike, but does not untap during your untap phase unless a creature you control dies or something.

Also, Dungeon Roach wise: I would give it X +1/+1 tokens, give it an X casting cost, and each time it takes damage, remove tokens equal to the damage it takes. But that's just me.

[Last edited by Banjooie at 03-15-2007 09:40 PM]
03-15-2007 at 09:39 PM
vittro
icon Re: Another bar-related question :) (+2)  
Other two. Hope you like them :)

03-15-2007 at 09:43 PM
tokyokid
Rank Points: 453
Hey, we've got another Maurog! Neat cards, too.

Wait, what do these cards have to do with the thread?

These cards ruin the small bandwidth of the thread!
03-15-2007 at 09:48 PM
Banjooie
This thread has been infinitely improved, I think.

All it needs now are free monocles for everyone.
03-15-2007 at 09:53 PM
Ezlo
Rank Points: 1214
And a Stanley the Roach card. Maybe a Wubblade as well.
03-16-2007 at 12:39 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jatopian
Rank Points: 1842
vittro, did vycylyn originally draw those graphics? I've seen them before...
Elfstone wrote:

Josh dear there are so many ways you could persuade, tempt, entice your good lady to "leave you" for a week, when TCB is finally released. A very little imagination is all that is required (and a reasonable bank balance helps of course ;) )
Pah! Women! mutter, mutter, mutter, mutter
That bank balance is precisely what many of us don't have. And if I were going to pay that much, I'd probably want to go too! Moreover, who puts a computer game over their love life? Really, I doubt he wanted DROD most, and I believe he simply meant that it would be a nice way to fill the time, if he must be deprived of her presence!

[Last edited by Jatopian at 03-16-2007 12:45 AM : about the images]
03-16-2007 at 12:43 AM
Tahnan
Rank Points: 2459
Is it selfish of me to want TCB not to come out until the semester ends? I really don't need the distraction...
03-16-2007 at 06:34 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
silver
technically, yes, sorry. you should resist the temptation to distraction if it comes out sooner. but you shouldn't wish everyone else to have no fun :/

03-16-2007 at 10:22 AM
Chaco
Rank Points: 3624
Yes, vylycyn drew all the graphics, except for the roach queen, which I believe came off of the original drod.net Monster Descriptions. I'm not sure whether Erik drew that picture or what.

03-16-2007 at 10:48 AM
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302
Tahnan wrote:
Is it selfish of me to want TCB not to come out until the semester ends? I really don't need the distraction...
Not at all, I'm wishing the same thing here.
03-16-2007 at 01:08 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Maurog
Rank Points: 1501
I just want to see BeefontheBone eat his hat...

03-16-2007 at 01:32 PM
Page 1 of 3
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Another bar-related question :) (Am I getting far too jumpy about this?)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com