Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : About deleted topic.
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Mattcrampy
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2388
IP: Logged
icon Re: About deleted topic. (0)  
halyavin wrote:
Internet is more hostile than real life.

And a bar run by crime lords is more hostile than a grocery store. What's your point? The Internet is a very large place, and while it's nice to patch up these holes, it requires someone to come over here to this tiny indy computer game site and exploit them first. I haven't had a virus program on my computer for years, and it's done me no harm because I don't open viruses and I don't go to sites where I can catch viruses.

Oh wait, sorry, forgot you're paranoid.

(Current mood: :angry frustrated)

[Last edited by Mattcrampy at 03-07-2007 08:01 AM]
03-07-2007 at 07:58 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Jason
Rank Points: 1076
icon Re: About deleted topic. (+1)  
Mattcrampy wrote:

And a bar at 98.7 run by crime lords is more hostile than a grocery store. What's your point? The Internet is a very large place, and while it's nice to patch up these holes, it requires someone to come over here to this tiny indy computer game site and exploit them first. I haven't had a virus program on my computer for years, and it's done me no harm because I don't open viruses and I don't go to sites where I can catch viruses.

Fixed.

[Last edited by Jason at 03-07-2007 08:04 AM]
03-07-2007 at 08:03 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
icon Re: About deleted topic. (+2)  
halyavin wrote:
PS I respect most hackers and crackers. Without them there would be no thounsands films in my local network :)
<rant>
You know, I consider myself somewhat of a hacker with a bit of an interest in video processing, but that still doesn't make hoarding illegal copies of films any more legal or okay in my book - and I still dislike people verily who boast their so-acquired video collection... :angry

Hey, I've got a metric ton of anime, movies and series, too - it's just that I own each and everything on legit DVDs. After all, there's people who actually put a ton of work into those, and they have a right to be compensated for doing it. :rolleyes
</rant>

And that's as much as I'll say on this, as I don't want to steer this thread even more off-topic.

03-07-2007 at 08:37 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Banjooie
Rank Points: 1645
Steering this thread ontopic would be like taking a train headed towards a giant pile of ketchup packets, and aiming it back at puppies.

Both are equally comedic, but come on.

03-07-2007 at 10:15 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
Banjooie wrote:
like taking a train headed towards a giant pile of ketchup packets, and aiming it back at puppies.

Both are equally comedic

This is probably all you need to know about Banjooie: that according to him, a train running over puppies is equally as funny as a train running over packets of ketchup.

03-08-2007 at 12:45 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Banjooie
Rank Points: 1645
And you get bored of the packets of ketchup what, two seconds after? And it's like 'Damnit, now I don't have ketchup, and some guy has a 5 minute cleaning job later maybe.'

You don't even get a cool souvenir like with pennies. Or that delicious possibility that maybe you'll dera--

I was trying to prove I wasn't heartless and evil here wasn't I

can I start again plees
03-08-2007 at 03:42 AM
BDR
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 106
Evil comedians make the best villains, though. ;)
03-08-2007 at 05:54 AM
Mattcrampy
Nah, the best villains are those that take reasonable positions to disturbing extremes. Especially if you take the time to follow them down the slippery slope, because then you've got people cheering for the guy fighting against those evil Landover Baptists or whatever and then just watch them clam up as down the bottom of the slippery slope they're trying to blow up Westerm civilisation.

This thread has been totally derailed. And now we're back to trains!

03-08-2007 at 08:31 AM
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : About deleted topic.
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com