Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Challenges : Fourth Level Challenges
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
The_Red_Hawk
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 783
IP: Logged
icon Fourth Level Challenges (0)  
I surprised myself by having time so soon. Here's Episode Four.....

Level Four

Entrance Room, Once South
Only kill roaches when they are on blue squares. Then, exit and reenter the room, and use all the mimics. When you leave, four mimics need to be striking orbs, and the other two on force arrows.

Once North, West
Make sure the mimics only strike 7 orbs each.

Once East, North
Finish the room in 125 moves or less (placing the mimic counts as a move but not exiting the room).

Once South, East, North
Solve the room by entering from the secret level jump room.

Once East
Kill the roach in the little boxed-up place where you put the first mimic last (I’m not sure if this is possible, but I think so)

Once South
1. Use only one mimic to kill all the roaches
2. Put all nine mimics outside the center area, then bring them in and line them up in front of you. Use them to kill the roaches, then make sure they are directly on the nine force arrows outside the little prison when you leave.

Once North, West, South, South
Place the mimic in the area at the east behind the force arrow and make sure it is still there when you finish it. Also, make sure that at least 6 of the roaches are killed by backswiping.

Once East
Collapse all trapdoors and make your mimics stand on all force arrows at least once.

Once West, South
See how many trapdoors you can leave in the top group. The best I’ve done is 17.

Once East [Exit Level].

The red hawk's dance of death.

.....the king of the skies.....
09-05-2003 at 01:06 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
zex20913
Rank Points: 1721
icon Re: Fourth Level Challenges (0)  
For notification purposes, it would be better if you gave us the directions of the room, instead of directions to the room. (I.E. Once South, Twice East instead of 'move once north, twice east, and twice south.') This would make it easier for the players reading your challenges.

09-05-2003 at 01:20 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
The_Red_Hawk
Rank Points: 783
True, but I am trying to go through them in the most logical order there is...

The red hawk's dance of death.

.....the king of the skies.....
09-05-2003 at 02:51 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
Remember, though, that people doing challenges have almost always already completed the rooms normally, so that they have access to the restore menu - the way you describe the rooms makes it impossible for anyone using the restore screen to know what rooms you are talking about. The room coordinates are simplest - everyone knows that to get from 1 North to 1 North 1 West you have to move west - but if you want to include the movement directions, do so in addition to the regular coordinates, NOT instead of them.

09-07-2003 at 02:31 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
DiMono
Rank Points: 1181
I agree, having started on the level 7 challenges I had no clue as to the location system you were using until I went back to read level 1 and see what you meant

09-17-2003 at 04:59 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Challenges : Fourth Level Challenges
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com